Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Tyre pressure.

I'm running 15" Sebrings on the car with 185/55 tyres, but does anyone know what the correct pressures should be for front & back? The guide on the inside of my door is for a different size of tyre which is mildly worrying.... Could this explain when the pressure drops by anything up to 15psi after a week?

Cheers,

Tom

There's not a huge amount of difference between the two sizes, but 195/50/15 (as shown inside the door) is the standard size. I think 185/55 are cheaper, and roughly the same rolling radius, so it was probably a budgetary thing.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect there to be much difference (if any) in the required pressures. Just check for uneven wear on the tyres to see if you've been over or under inflating (more wear on the centre line = overinflated, more wear on the edges = under inflated).

A drop of 15psi/week suggests to me you have a slow puncture :wink:

LvP.

That's what I thought initially, but it does it an all four tyres with a drop of anywhere between 1 & 15 psi, although the drop is not the same each week. I keep pumping it up as I need to fix other stuff at the moment & it drives fine. Bad fittings?

That's what I thought initially, but it does it an all four tyres with a drop of anywhere between 1 & 15 psi, although the drop is not the same each week. I keep pumping it up as I need to fix other stuff at the moment & it drives fine. Bad fittings?

Seems rather odd... Maybe the valves weren't fitted properly (assuming all four tyres were changed at the same time by the same poeple :?:

Are you doing BIG mileage? I do, and so I need to do mine once a week, the times when I forget/too lazy/not enough time* (delete as applicable) - I have seen pressure drops 5-10 psi (esp at the back). But I do (or did :lol:) 130 miles/day and drive enthusiastically :wink:

LvP.

It's not a daily driver as I walk to work, so most of the miles I put on are long(ish) trips of about 50+ miles, also rather...enthusiastically :-) I'm going to get 4 new tyres I think (when I have the money to spend), but perhaps I'll wait until after that track day at Elvington I was planning... :evil:

Cheers,

Tom

I am running 195/55 tyres on 15" smiths alloys - what should the tyre pressures be anyone?

Right now i just have it as 30 all round - can someone tell me what the recommended is? Where is the recommended values written? On my golf it was on the inside of the fuel flap - but not on the Corrad.. Thanks :)

Depends on model i believe, but 4 the G60 VW say 41psi up front (u wot?!?!) and 36psi on rear!! Personally i rekon thats a tad high, but who am i to argue with VW. I run 40psi front and 36 rear.

btw, on mine its written on a panel on the drivers door sill.