Ray1965

Advise needed.

I'm going to change the thermostat housing, crack pipe, oil cooler on my VR6 don't whether to go genuine parts or to use this site? anyone used it and if so is it any good?

http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/volkswagen/corrado/1989-1995/corrado-cooling/thermostat-housing-vr6-91-03-golf-mk3-passat-t4-sharan-corrado.html

Or TPS?

Any help on this would be great.

I replaced all this on mine recently, although I didn't fir it. I think some of the genuine parts may no longer be available. I sourced the parts from eBay, the seller was B&B Components who I've used before & all the parts they supply fit & are decent quality. You might want so source some spare O rings for both ends (same size) of the crack pipe as we used a couple to get it to seal properly & the end that goes into the block will need cleaned up before refitting to ensure a good seal.

Cheers guys for the advice in the process of getting quotes so far it's cheaper to go with what you said.

TPS are wanting £105 for an oil cooler. Came to £305 altogether that's all the parts I need and seals.

These are oem parts so will be a tad more coinage.

There is a seller on eBay called Deutsheparts selling a genuine oil cooler for £59. I had some stuff off him, is as he says. Type

Vr6 oil cooler comes up 3rd I think

I bought a spurious (Topran) crack pipe from a reseller which may have been one of the above mentioned and the fit at both ends was poor, poor enough that it had to be stripped again after pressurizing, twice, and needed dirko to make it watertight. I was not happy. I would go genuine or alloy