Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

vr6 milage

thinking of buying a golf vr6 for the wife the one ive seen has 133000 miles on it,what should i be looking for (engine wise).its allso a german import will this make any differance

cheers guys :?

make sure its had a head rebuild which should include timing chains, valve stem seals, chain tensioners etc. If its had that done you're laughing otherwise you could be in for a hefty bill in the near future. The golf vr6 engine is generally a lot stronger than the corrado.

Import will cause problems with insurance, that is, it will cost more.

Timo.

I know someone with a Golf VR on 150+ miles and someone else on 120k, as long as its been well looked after, i cant see it costing anymore then any other car. Both had had Head gaskets go on them though.

Wouldnt touch an import.... insurance can be double in some cases....

Its why I'll never get that Supra Twin Turbo with Aero top and manual speed gearbox :cry:

Any Corrado VR6 with more than 100k miles should be checked out very carefully.... as mentioned the head / chains are usually first over that mileage....

Mines on 114k now and I have known for the last 10k miles that they needed doing.... its going to be done VERY shortly 8)