matt59876

Mystic Blue Storm VR6

It is with regret that I am selling my Corrado Storm that I have owned since 2009 (2 owners prior to me), it has been sat on my drive since the arrival of my son 2 years ago and I just don’t have the time to do what I want to do to it and give it the care it deserves so I would like it to go to someone who can. I had planned to get it back on the road this summer but bought a T5 and have been converting that into a camper for the family instead.

I used it daily for 6.5 years and then bought a second car when we were expecting so the corrado became my weekend car which I had always wanted for it and it would give me the time to complete and carry out the jobs I wanted. This just hasn’t happened.

MOT ran out June 2016 and it hasn’t been on the road since, but it has been regularly started and warmed up and moved about on the drive and the private road that I live on. The battery is kept in the garage hooked up to a conditioner but it is quite a new one aswell.

As there is no MOT this will have to be collected on a trailer and cannot be test driven but can be started and driven onto the trailer – I do not have the time to get it MOT’d. I had no concerns about it passing its next MOT and I think that all it will need is the brake discs either skimming or replacing due to it not being driven for so long. The tyres are not cracked but it might be worth replacing them aswell. Plus a service with some fresh oil would be advisable.

Exterior

-All bar the roof and tailgate were resprayed by previous owner, I would describe the bodywork as in need of some TLC though, some paint bubbles in the usual places plus the leading edge of the bonnet is quite bad from untreated stonechips and driving daily through winters. My plan was to get a carbon bonnet and then get it resprayed again.

-Although there are some rust bubbles, the bodywork is solid and underneath is very clean with the original stonechip protection still in place.

-Mostly unmodified, 90mm splitter and all red rears with LED indicators (I think I still have the original lights too).

-Currently has a black grill fitted but I also have the colour coded original (I just prefer the black one).

-Spoiler and sunroof work as normal.

Chassis

-17”x8.0J Compomotive MO5 alloys in bright silver from the forum group buy.

-FK Konigsport coilovers

-Eibach ARB’s

-Trimsport rear upper strut brace

-323mm front brakes with Porsche Brembo callipers (braided hoses)

-280mm rear brakes with mk4 golf callipers (braided hoses)

Engine

-123k, timing chains and clutch replaced by DG at ~80k

-Schrick intake manifold

-Carbonio/K&N induction kit

-Mocal oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate

-Slimline radiator fans – new radiator was fitted but due to it not being a genuine item it leaks slightly from the elbow, I have a full alloy motorsport radiator ready to fit with welded elbow.

-Samco coolant hoses (black)

-Magnecor HT leads

-DG racing cams and remap

-Custom s/s sports cat, Jetex non-resonated s/s cat back system

Interior

-Half leather Euro spec electric Recaro seats (front & rear) in great condition, genuine loom but not got round to installing it fully.

-Headlining and pillars retrimmed in black alcantara other items painted/dyed/retrimmed to match

-Pioneer double din satnav stereo (ahstray removed) with 6 channel amp, sub and uprated speakers

-Backlit speedo dials and heater controls, all green lights now red

-Short shift kit and Forge alloy gearknob

-Mk4 golf anniversary (red stitching) handbrake

-Aston Martin steering wheel retrimmed in leather and alcantara with red stitching and VW badge

-Sound deadened and waxoyled in all of the cavities at the same time.

-Interior is an unfinished project, I had started tidying up all of the wiring and making all of the extras as oem as possible. The plan was to have the seat centres retrimmed in alcantara, also I have retrimmed one rear door card lower section in alcantara but the other 3 remain in full leather. I will supply all of the alcantara that I have so that these jobs can be finished in matching material. The handbrake surround needs tidying up where I cut it for the golf item-I had planned to recover with alcantara.

I'm looking for £4k ovno, I think this is a fair price given the value of individual parts and taking into consideration the condition and fact that it has no MOT.

Any questions or enquiries message me and I'll get back to you asap.

At the moment I do not want to split any items but depending on interest levels I may be willing to sell parts on an exchange basis and cash my way.

Thanks, I just want it to go to someone who can continue what I have started and so it doesn't spend another winter on my driveway. I'll be sad to see it go which is why I haven't advertised elsewhere as I want it to go to a fellow enthusiast.

I'll post some pics up when I'm home later.

Very interested. Been looking for a Storm all year to take back to a standard condition. PLease upload the pics so I can gauge the amount of effort and cash needed to take back to OEM

Thanks

Steve