1200 bandit

No issue

Just thought l post this my Corrado has NO issues over the last 8 months runs great,drives great not done anything to it

This may give hope to someone out there

See so many post of problems

Hello mate enjoy it while it lasts :dance:

I'm sure something will need doing soon,

your Corrado must be in a good mood then :lol:

Mines still in bits doing loads to it,

got the fuel tank out, to sort some rust out, plus the fuel swirl pot is down and given to the fabricators, both the rear hub end axles are off, what a pig they were to get off, all 4 bolts each side were seized solid, managed to undo them a part from 1 that snapped off :(

Spent a good 25 minutes drilling it out carefully :rambo:

Now I'm cream crackered :sleeping:

Si

Edited by vw rule

I always thought there should be more threads like this, “had no problems with the Corrado today”, people only post when it breaks!!!

when l fist got the Corrado had the sense of dread as it was all ways citing out ,hard start,none start

Carried out a lot wiring repairs over the winter plus brakes,suspension etc,and now l in joy driving with a sense that it get me there and back no problem

Hello mate enjoy it while it lasts :dance:

I'm sure something will need doing soon,

your Corrado must be in a good mood then :lol:

Mines still in bits doing loads to it,

got the fuel tank out, to sort some rust out, plus the fuel swirl pot is down and given to the fabricators, both the rear hub end axles are off, what a pig they were to get off, all 4 bolts each side were seized solid, managed to undo them a part from 1 that snapped off :(

Spent a good 25 minutes drilling it out carefully :rambo:

Now I'm cream crackered :sleeping:

Si

I spent over 3 hours under the Corrado to remove n/s axal brake pipe from the bracket,very dark time

The o/s was just 1 and half hours

Yeah I hear you mate it's strange how one side isn't too bad,

but then the other is a complete nightmare, I've had this a few times on my Corrado when repairing / replacing items.

Must be a Corrado thing :scratch:

But to be honest when they are working fine it's a hell of a cracking car to drive :dance:

Plus mine hasn't Really played up too much, the only time it broke down was when part of my immobiliser control unit burnt out, and lost power to the fuel pump relay, and yes that was a fun long day, NOT :lol:

Really wish I was driving mine but will have to wait until my list of jobs to do on it is complete.

Si

In fairness, although mine has been off the road for 18 months now and had sporadic times of inactivity whilst I was either away with work, or trying to get the car in a better cosmetic state for the previous 4 years, the only single time it failed to start and run well was due to me constantly working on it, so the battery positive terminal had worn to a point it wouldn't clamp securely. I knew about it so had jump leads in the car, and the one trip I made before replacing the battery I just got a jump from someone passing!

That statement is just tempting fate lol

:shocked!: Yeah I know, oh well :lol:

Si

Just thought l post this my Corrado has NO issues over the last 8 months runs great,drives great not done anything to it

Don't get used a lot (900 miles last MOT)But still running ,driving grate.Living the dream

Don't get used a lot (900 miles last MOT)But still running ,driving grate.Living the dream

Your asking for trouble with that statement. :)

My standard g60 is a daily driver, it does at least 40 miles a day and has never missed a beat since February, after I revived it from a 12 year hibernation, my other 95 vr6 was the previous daily driver doing more like 60-70 miles each day, it managed 40k with only an alternator failure and the obvious tyres . Ultra reliable Happy days

Your asking for trouble with that statement. :)

Give me something to do over the winter,as all l have planed is to remove the wheels clean polish the wheel arches, rear of wheels (l know sad but it's all done)

I had an interesting opportunity that gave me an interesting perspective. The first Corrado I bought had 134k miles, but had been "upgraded" by the PO with an aftermarket exhaust, suspension, intake, chip etc. It rode and drove like a dog, and had all sorts of weird suspension noises, poor fuel mileage, harsh, damaging ride, sounded like crap and was a bear to maintain. My second one was a one owner low mileage car, and the owner had it dealer serviced and was completely stock. That car rides great, makes no weird noises, has great power, and requires little maintenance. So to me the high maintenance reputation Corrados have is simply bogus, and speaks to all the "upgrading" owners do with ill-fitting parts, poorly installed.

The only mods on my Corrado are coilovers,(have the standed suspension), steering wheel,radio

Everything else is original ,may be why it runs so well now

That statement is just tempting fate lol

4 weeks on still driving,running excellent,pulls really strong.Will be going away for the winter soon all though it’s gets tax for a full year(never know may get a nice day)

Found the heater lights have gone out,already fix this once along with the ash tray light which is working (at this time)