Portent

Opinion on current Audi Q3?

I am looking for a new family car. My kids want a large 4x4 because it gives them space in the back. But my wife wants something smaller like an A3 so she feels comfortable driving it.

The compromise seems to be a Q3. I am aware the current Q3 is about to be replaced with a new model. But I've found a fairly well priced ex-demonstrator Q3 1.4 Black Edition. It seems a little slow compared to what I'm used to (I typically get a GTI or similar). But I would probably get used to that. Sorry from that issue the rest of the car seems really, really nice.

Did anyone have any opinions about the Q3, either positive or negative?

Thanks.

Looking to get something similar myself so interested in comments and suggestions here too. Doesnt need to be super powerful as the missus will be driving it mainly but would be nice with a sport trim

Looking to get something similar myself so interested in comments and suggestions here too. Doesnt need to be super powerful as the missus will be driving it mainly but would be nice with a sport trim

I test drive a Skoda Kodiaq yesterday and it was better than the Q3 in most ways. I appreciate the two cars I drove were very different (Q3 was a small SUV, petrol, manual and the Kodiaq was a larger SUV, diesel, DSG) but I was genuinely impressed with the Kodiaq. Sadly my wife says the Kodiaq is too large for her to comfortably drive (she's not yet driven one though). There is a hot VRS version of the Kodiaq launching early next year so that could be a very tempting prospect. There is also a new Q3 coming early next year.

If you liked the Skoda (me too) what about considering the Karoq? More Q3 size and likely to get a better spec and engine vs the Q3

That said the Q3 is a nice car and that engine is powerful and efficient for a 1.4. You'll not have any diesel issues either.