glasgow-fez

Glasgow Newbie

Hello new to the forum,

Liz from Glasgow

Joined and hoping to eventually own a VR6.

Although I really need educated on the difference between earlier models and later ones, colours they came in, different interiors and common problems to look for.

I already have a mk2 Sirocco GT2 and my partner a mk2 Golf Gti 20V Turbo both needing a bit of work so we really should make them our priority first but I have always loved the Corrados.

Welcome along - check out the guide in the wiki here, that should answer some of your questions:

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

It's very unusual to encounter a VR with the old style interior, but can happen. All VR's were 5 stud, had a wider stance ("plus" suspension), raised bonnet section to accommodate the engine, wider wings and different front bumpers with newer fog light/indicator combinations. The main differences between an early and late VR will be with the engine - they started with a distributor and coil and then moved to a coilpack, and later cards had an ECU with built in factory immobiliser. All Corrado VRs had OBD1 engine management. Everything else is more or less the same, with minor variations or revisions to the parts.

When people refer to early/late they are either talking about dizzy vs coilpack or pre92 body style (mainly G60/1.8 16v) vs the later one.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your search. I went to a vr6 from a mk2 scirocco gt2, and much as I (usually) like my corrado, I regret having to sell my scirocco - it had far less issues than my corrado has had!