Sign in to follow this  
Andi

*sigh* Again....

Lost all gears - forward and back. Speedo moves with the rev counter.

CV Boot was changed with the MoT at the beginning of June, so I'm hoping its just they didn't do it up right and it'll need 1hr and 6 bolts. We'll see....

During my 2.5 hour wait (!!!!!!) for the RAC, I took some pics... lol

i swear most of ur pics of ur car must have been on he rac truck...........feel sorry for u bro

Indeed they normally are, m8........ Ne'ermind!!

...this is the reason no-one but me touches my car....despite it being a bag of s***.

Hope you have a pleasant surprise when you investigate! :)

Bummer dude... did the RAC man not say anything about the cause?!? :roll:

He had a glance at the CV joints, but couldn't see anything wrong. He just wanted to get me home as I'd been waiting too long.

One big-ass complaint to the RAC coming up!

The guy he went to before me called up 45 mins after me! How is that fair? And he was stranded at work - not in the middle of no-where on a country lane!!

Andi dont you get a discount from RAC if they take more than an hour to get to you. I know the AA give you money off for the next year. Well worth a letter to them!!!

2 and half hours.. what a shocker.

Hope its nothing too serious Andi - as you say, hopefully a few bolts and an hours labour or something :)

last time I phoned RAC (not for my car) they took less than 5 mins to get to me, was very weird, he was apparently parked up having a sandwiche round the corner.

Hope things go well with the car mate :)

i swear most of ur pics of ur car must have been on he rac truck...........feel sorry for u bro

Don't forget Andi's car has over 200K on the clock, so we can let it off. It obviously just wanted a rest!

Hard luck fella - least you got the chance for a photoshoot :D

Anymore analysis of the problem?

Don't forget Andi's car has over 200K on the clock, so we can let it off. It obviously just wanted a rest!

im sure andi understands i didnt mean it in a bad way or a p!ss take way

im sure though the RAC will offer some sort of discounts or jus kick up a big fuss of going over to the AA they hate that and def give u some sort of compensation

in my experience ive never had the rac come any earlier than 1 an half hours.still its not me who pays for it and they are normally quite good at their job. they keep tow appointments though they are on the ball with that.

I'm not too bothered about rocking the pricing boat - since I receive their Solution 4 for their 'Roadside' price :)

Ant popped round last night and diagnosed a shattered CV joint. Picking up a new one from ECP for £35+VAT and hopefully fitting it later today.

Thats the sort of Corrado bills I like!

if you've shattered the CV joint, get a new boot for it too 'cos the old one will be full of metal fragments which you'll never get out and could get into and damage the new CV joint... 8)

Glad it's nothing toooooo bad... 8)

Well, upon yesterday's inspection, thats what we concluded. Rotate the wheel, driveshaft doesn't move, and CV seems a little rattly.... However.... :|

The CV joint seemed ok... We replaced it anyway, however we may have come across the real problem. The drive-shaft has almost a whole inch of lateral play - that isn't good! Although at the extremes it seems impossible for it to pop out now, could it be something as silly as a missing C-clip on the inner CV joint giving the play on the driveshaft?

And the outer CV joint came with a boot and grease anyhow. £42 inc. VAT from ECP. No exchange-fee or anything either.

when i broke down i called up at 11pm and asked for a relay as id lost oil pressure on a G60, and got the standard someone will be with you shortly thing, waited til 12 and phoned again only to find out they hadnt even sent anyone out yet and they dont infact cover the A38 i was like WTF, anyway asked to speak to manager and finally they agreed that the A38 was covered by them. At 12.30 a van arrived and they said oh we are here to get you started

I was like no, u wont be starting the car I need a fucking relay. So they went off again and another call to the AA, they said oh U refused our service so we arent coming out to you tonight. So back to manager to explained to him how im not driving the car as its no oil pressure. So there i was still waiting. Anyway at 3 am a relay truck turned up, not AA but another recovery company, hinton i think it was. He couldnt get the corrado up on the ramps so i took the front bumper off and he pulled it up backwards. Truck was shocking tho, not sure it was road legal even.

Anyway finally got home at 4:30. Good thing is ive had a weekend away for free at any AA rated hotel and a years free coverage and when you consider ive got everything on my breakdown cover its quite cool

I had a kip whilst waiting for mine to turn up :)

I still haven't complained..... I will though!

:offtopic1:

Some top fire tips for, erm, some random reason:

* Reduce fire hazards in your home. Children are the worst fire hazards; consider giving them up for adoption.

* Fit and maintain smoke alarms - at least one on every floor. But if they go off every time you cook bacon, like ours do, just take the batteries out.

* Most fire deaths and injuries occur while people are sleeping. Plan an escape route should a fire break out at night. Here's a hint: throw your children out of the window FIRST, then follow.

* If there is a fire, get out, stay out and call 999. Not necessarily in that order, though.

* Never use the lift. As if you have a lift in your house. Tell you what, though, if you have one of those Stannah Stairlifts? You're screwed.

* If moving or trapped in smoke stay close to the floor where the air is cleaner. While you're there, do some hoovering by putting your mouth to the floor and sucking.

* If a door feels hot, do not open it, as it probably means there is a hot hot disco party on the other side.

(Taken from http://www.preparingforemergencies.co.uk/ )

Andi, I always say the best tip for living in the World, for all situations, is on the side of a matchbox....

'Keep in a dry place, and away from children'

....too right!

I had a kip whilst waiting for mine to turn up :)

I still haven't complained..... I will though!

:offtopic1:

Some top fire tips for, erm, some random reason:

* Reduce fire hazards in your home. Children are the worst fire hazards; consider giving them up for adoption.

* Fit and maintain smoke alarms - at least one on every floor. But if they go off every time you cook bacon, like ours do, just take the batteries out.

* Most fire deaths and injuries occur while people are sleeping. Plan an escape route should a fire break out at night. Here's a hint: throw your children out of the window FIRST, then follow.

* If there is a fire, get out, stay out and call 999. Not necessarily in that order, though.

* Never use the lift. As if you have a lift in your house. Tell you what, though, if you have one of those Stannah Stairlifts? You're screwed.

* If moving or trapped in smoke stay close to the floor where the air is cleaner. While you're there, do some hoovering by putting your mouth to the floor and sucking.

* If a door feels hot, do not open it, as it probably means there is a hot hot disco party on the other side.

(Taken from http://www.preparingforemergencies.co.uk/ )

lol I got sent that site today too :D

For those of you that don't know, spot the difference with http://www.preparingforemergencies.gov.uk/ ;)

Top tip kids: always register similar domain names to yours :D