Colt556

Another Yank

I’m new here and hopefully will be welcome. I have a 92’ SLC that I’ve owned over 10years now. Don’t drive it as much as I’d like but it looks and runs good. The rear spoiler won’t work and it needs rear calipers but other than that it’s a great car. I live near Indianapolis and there aren’t many of us around. Thanks for allowing my membership.

Hello there,

welcome to the forum so you've owned your Corrado for just over 10 years, there not bad cars really as long as you jump on any maintenance ASAP that's needed, other wise it can lead to other problems.

Mines been on axle stands for the last 3 plus years, hoping to get it back on the road this year or early next year.

I think fuse 16 is for your rear spoiler,

think it's 15amp as standard, but some of us have put a 20amp fuse in it's place, due to the spoiler motor or mechanism needing cleaning and greasing, which is why it tends to pop the 15amp standard fuse.

As regards to your rear brake calipers,

you can replace with new standard ones,

or get your current calipers rebuilt,

or some of the guys on here have upgraded to MK4 Golf rear calipers.

Si

Welcome to the forum. By that reckoning you got your car about the time mine came off the road after eight years ownership! Been back on the road since late June this year and loving it.

Mk4 Golf, Leon etc callipers are a decent upgrade, they do need different hoses as they use banjo bolts at the calliper but it’s well worth it, the handbrake even functions afterwards.

Edited by tonedef