banjaxt

Floorpan connecting plate woes

HI all

So this weekend I made the mistake of poking around the floorpan as the sound insulation was damp when I removed the carpet.

What i found instead underneath after some digging was not only a some holes in the floorpan but the front "connecting plate" in bad shape with the bit of the pan above it rotten out where it meets at the sill.

It looks like everywhere but the jack point was used for lifting this car in its life :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95721[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95719[/ATTACH]

How is that plate attached to the pan?

Would it be possible to remove it to repair the pan above it as it's not accessible from inside the car?

Is it possible to get a replacement section or am I stuck trying to "beef" my current one back up again?

Thanks

The Golf Mk2 jacking point repair plate, obtainable from VW HERITAGE, can be modified to fit by a competent welder. The floorpan repair sections, also Golf 2, will also fit with minor fettling.

Best wishes

RB

If you would like photographs of what the area should look like, my shell has been acid dipped and has no underseal etc so would offer a clear view. PM me if you want me to get some pictures.

Troy.

The Golf Mk2 jacking point repair plate, obtainable from VW HERITAGE, can be modified to fit by a competent welder. The floorpan repair sections, also Golf 2, will also fit with minor fettling.

Best wishes

RB

The mk2 jacking point repair plate looks to be somewhat smaller than the corrado section, would this have any effect on the structure? Or is it more a "take what you can get" with these corrado specific panels?