Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

what to do with my subs? suggestions please?

i have two 12 inch subs in a box in the boot of my corrado right now. i would really like to ditch the box and keep the subs.

do you guys have any suggestions for what i can do with the subs? i dont want anything flashy or expensive. something that will cost very little and still function well. what do you guys suggest?

i was thinking about trying to incorperate the boot cover with them, but im not too sure how i would go about doing that. i would like to try and keep things low profile to keep people from breaking into my car to steal my stereo. :oops:

let me know what you guys think i can do here.

Lose them both and buy a good 10" sub and put it in a ported box. If you get the Thiele/small parameters right you can get away with a cubic foot box, which is tiny and light weight, inconspicous etc. You won't get the sheer clout of two 12s but you'll get a much more refined and punchier sound, and you can also run a smaller, cheaper amp as ported 10s are highly efficient and easy to drive when ported.

Just depends on what sound you want. Forget shelf mounting a sub, you won't get half as good a sound and it'll be conspicous.

Just my 2ps worth

Sell 'em and get an Infinity "Bass Link" which are DIRT cheap over in the states.... :? :|

Forget shelf mounting a sub, you won't get half as good a sound and it'll be conspicous.

not only that, if they're designed for an enclosure you'll probably break them mounting them on the shelf! if you 'really' want to do that you need to be looking at free-air subs. You could always make your own stealth shelf, but in all honesty I doubt the sound quality would be as good. I'm sure the people who make the proper stealth shelves (name escapes me) make sub boxes that fit snugly to either side of the boot, that is, they're shaped on the back to fit the contours of the sides of the boot. Put some acoustic cloth over the fronts and you've got a nice hidden install and dont loose much boot space.

Its Autoaccoustics (sp?) that make the shelves and box/amp racks as i had them in my old ibiza. Unfortunately they only make the shelf for the corrado :(