paddy26

Teves 20 abs wiring loom and abs light

Best would be to find a Mk3 Golf or a Passat at a breakers and take the whole system - or have you got most of it already?

Hi fendervg. I have bracket, pump, a damaged loom with missing light. Have new sensors and rings. All local breakers have no pre2000 vag cars so I'm widening the search and hoping something comes up. I'd take a full system if someone had one and didn't want to split it.

\Patrick

Are you on the Irish Autostadt.ie forum? There's a lad called Niall on there, username SolidOak, who trades as Retrospares, and he was breaking a Mk 3 recently and a couple of others and always has a fair bit of stuff - worth giving him a shout I'd say.

What part of the country are you in? He's near Longford I believe.

Thanks fendervg. I'm in the midlands so not far from Niall. I'll pm him. Most of autostadt have moved to Facebook which I'm not on so I miss out on a lot now.

\Paddy

Yeah, not much on the forum any more unfortunately (I hate FB for these kind of things as you can't search and it's too reptitive and of the moment) but Niall is still on there and checks in regularly and lists any new stuff he has.

What's wrong with your existing system? Is it a G60/16v or VR - I have two VR pumps here in unknown that could probably be tested and refurbished.

I had the dreaded outlet valve errors and fixed them eventually by replacing my pump unit.

Hi fendervg. It's a 16v converted to 1.8t. The abs was acting up before I restored it and I removed it as part of the restoration a few years ago. Currently running brembos with a manual brake bias valve for the rear but looking to add back abs now and taking the opportunity to upgrade to the more reliable teves 20 system. Niall has just got back to me and he has a loom so hopefully I'm sorted now.

Thanks again for the lead.

\Paddy

Ah, good stuff - hope that gets you sorted. That should allow you to get rid of the rear axle bias valve as well.

I presume with you running a 1.8t you've already changed to a stubby/cupra master cylinder? I'm just changing mine over at the moment as I've heard it makes quite a difference. Also doing the teves20 as well so hopefully have decent braking after.

I didn't have any clearance issues with the master cylinder but I did upgrade to a focus master cylinder when I installed the brembos.

\Paddy