vw rule

1H0 201 449 Under body white plastic fuel pipe retaining clip

I'm after the above item it should hold x4

8mm=(1/4") fuel pipes.

VW Heritage sell some but they are for the MK2 Golf, as their clip is a different part number

191 201 449 plus the outer two clips are for fuel pipes but the two centre clips are smaller possibly for 3/16 brake pipes.

On their site it states for Corrado also,

but their clip is no good for my Corrado due to mine having at least 3 fuel lines, especially above my fuel tank.

I've looked on the VW Classic Parts site but can only find part number 191 201 449

And the same when looking on VW Heritage.

Can't see any fuel clip with part number

1H0 201 449

But have been doing some digging around online, and looks like the clip I need is also used for Audi A3, VW Beatle, VW Passat, and some Skodas by the looks of it.

Looks like it was used from mid 1990s up until 2010 but possibly still in use ??

So hopefully Audi main dealer will have stock, or possibly VW, I'll phone them next week.

Have any of you guys got any spare fuel retaining clips 1H0 201 449 just in case they're obsolete with the main dealers.

Other then that I'll get some 3D printed.

Many thanks

Si

Edited by vw rule

Hello mate,

cheers for the offer I was tinkering around yesterday and most of the clips just disintegrated into small pieces, mainly the ones above the fuel tank and fuel filter areas,

so ended giving up on that job and doing something else on my Corrado:censored:

Anyway today I thought I'd have another go at removing the last few remaining fuel pipe retaining clips, and luckily removed 1 that is still fairly well intact, so for the moment I think I'll be ok.

Thanks again for the offer,

I'll give you a shout if this one I have falls to bits.

I'm going to phone the Audi, Skoda and VW main dealers next week, and will report back if any have stock left.

But if no joy then yes I'll get a load 3D printed, as I'm also looking into getting the small wiper linkage done for our RHD Corrado's.

Thanks again

Si

Right I've just been on the phone to my local VW Main Dealer, looks like the clip in question is still in use, I've ordered just the one to see if it's correct or not, as the parts guy couldn't confirm if it 100% looks like

1H0 201 449 or 191 201 449 so I'll check the part when I collect it on Saturday.

Cost is roughly £4.35 per each = 1H0 201 449

Hopefully it'll be bang on,

I'll confirm at the weekend,

as I'm working all week.

Si

I've just collected the fuel pipe retaining clip from the Dealer, I can confirm that it is the correct item and they are still available.

Part number 1H0 201 449

£3.42 per each

The one VW Heritage do is mainly for the MK2 Golf and is part number

191 201 449

Si

Edited by vw rule

Possibly yes as they are used on the 1.8 16v which ran along side the G60 from 1989 to 1992,

plus they both have a under body fuel swirl pot like the 2.0 16v that I have.

The MK2 Golf type fuel clip is different,

as the 2 centre clips are for 3/16 brake pipes,

and the 2 outer clips are for 8mm (1/4") fuel pipe, this is a one piece clip but holds two different sized pipes = 191 201 449

The clip I needed is the one piece clip that can hold four 8mm (1/4") fuel pipes.

= 1H0 201 449

This one is still available like I say at the main dealers and is used on Audi's, VWs and Skoda 1988 to present.

I've actually ordered some more as mine are all broken pretty much.

Si

Ok thanks for the reply.

I will grab a few myself no doubt.

No worries.

On my Corrado there's at least 8 of the plastic clips in question, so possibly similar amount on other Corrado models.

Si