_Matt_

263 cams + remap or stainless exhaust

Ah but the VSR was designed to be on the VR6 as standard and as such, you don't need to remove it to replace the spark plugs like you do the Schrick! Granted, its not particularly difficult to do but thats a poor design feature in my opinion.

The Schrick tried to balance the inlet runners front and back, big banana, smaller banana etc

Every VSR I'd seen until the last couple of years has been around the £1200 mark.

Really? Bloody hell I was hoping there’d have gone up a lot more than that. I’ve had mine about 6-7 years and I paid £900 (which was a bargain back then) so just assumed they’d be worth a fair bit by now. Then again it seems like nothing I own has gone up in value, everything I want has rocketed :D

One thing I do wonder about though, what if the piggyback ECU failed would it be possible to replace this.

There used to be a company in America that made replacements, weren’t cheap but they were available. I don’t actually think there’s that much to them though, just a voltage trigger at a set RPM I think, so someone fairly clued up on electronics should be able to knock something up I would have thought.

Really? Bloody hell I was hoping there’d have gone up a lot more than that. I’ve had mine about 6-7 years and I paid £900 (which was a bargain back then) so just assumed they’d be worth a fair bit by now. Then again it seems like nothing I own has gone up in value, everything I want has rocketed :D

There used to be a company in America that made replacements, weren’t cheap but they were available. I don’t actually think there’s that much to them though, just a voltage trigger at a set RPM I think, so someone fairly clued up on electronics should be able to knock something up I would have thought.

Yes It just controls the valve that triggers the round solenoid on top/middle of the Shrick that opens the flap that changes over on 4000 revs I believe , must also get the information from the ECU of the rev measurement, I believe you can program it to trigger the flap on certain rev readings, also the light changes colour on the piggy ecu when you hit the rev trigger for the flap.

Here is a good thread of someone who just managed to buy the Shrick Manifold without auxiliary components, the flap was broken and he manufactured a new one and managed to source the Solenoid and valve off Ford I think .

https://forums.mwerks.com/showthread.php?7181683-attn-SCHRICK-VGI-guru-s

Another great thread on the Shrick.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6862263-Schrick-VGI-Installation-and-Information

Edited by Keyo

Not a chance in hell your seeing a vsr shy of the £1500 mark.....If you do more luck to you :dance:

I believe you can program it to trigger the flap on certain rev readings, also the light changes colour on the piggy ecu when you hit the rev trigger for the flap.

Yeah it’s a series of dip switches that change the rpm trigger. Cheers for the links but I’m fairly well clued up when it comes to VSRs cheers mate ;) :)

Is this to show how much they went for in 2013???

I think that’s just to illustrate that if they were going for £1200 in 2013, the way everything has shot up in value (£15,000 MK2 anyone :D ) that VSRs must be worth at LEAST £5k now

Is this to show how much they went for in 2013???

Its quite a famous thread that mods had to tidy a few times as some members tried to buy and others gave opinions as to the price and its value.

Its a rare item and they don't come up for sale often

There's a really funny performance thread on VR6OC on FB - look for a pic of a nice skimmed 12V head, worthy of a chuckle