delfinis38

Seat bolsters

I've replaced the lower bolster/s on other vehicles years ago, but if it is the lower bolster on yours, this is what I think purely from looking on ETKA site and looking at photos online of Corrado seats.

I think you need to remove the bottom centre upholstery cushion, then that will make it easier to remove/replace the side bolsters. I don't think you can remove/replace them in situ.

Once you've removed your front seat from car, lay the seat on one side and underneath you'll see at least 2 long metal rods that are hooked possibly at the ends by what look like large staples, then I think there's a 3rd rod that goes through the front lower edge part of centre upholstery cover, and that is hooked at each end, then the back of centre upholstery cover is actually hooked over and under the seat frame at the back, as there's a large lip there that the cover will attach to, by the plastic strip that's stitched to upholstery cover, it kind of looks like a binder for A4 paper if you know what I mean.

Plus at the front or around the sides there could be metal or plastic securing pins/clips, that you might have to remove.

Once the centre upholstery cushion is removed, you'll need to remove the side bolster upholstery cover from the outer sides first, then you'll have enough slack in cover to unhook the 1 or 2 plastic bind hook strips, again this plastic strip/s are stitched to upholstery bolster cover.

The side upholstery bolster cover/s have two large holes in the outer side near the back, that have to hook over the latch locking pin, so you'll possibly need to remove the plastic side guard that's attached to side/s of seat.

Staple clip

Part number N0 152 611

Securing pin/clip for bottom upholstery cover

Part number 823 863 203

Hope this helps

Si

I think possibly the wiring loom is partly joined, from back rest heater element to base seat heater element, possibly best to remove both in situ just depends how much slack you'll obtain in wiring loom, from separating the two halves of seat, via the hinge bolts, or like what ben_wooduk mentioned above you could adjust the seat back position, making the seat back almost level parallel with the seat base, and see what room you have before unbolting/separating the two halves.

Si

Very easy to strip and rebuild. I'm surprised you can still get the foams sections! I did a guide years ago and as an added layer of protection, I covered the new foam section in self adhesive felt, which should in theory keep it together for longer.

The weakness with the thigh bolsters is the metal frame poking through them from people sitting on them getting in and out of the car, which then eventually rips through the leather/fabric.

Good luck. The only annoying bit is bronze coloured staple loops. I used beefy cable ties where they proved to be a pain in the neck, but not sure how long they held up.

I’m winning it’s quite simple... just need two new plastic side plates. Thanks all for advice.

What’s best to clean leather.. baby wipes.

Wish I could post a picture... looked like a mouse had been eating the old foam totally fallen apart.

Edited by delfinis38

Excellent, would be good to see pics. Could you WhatsApp me if I sent you my number please?

Sorry chris don’t do WhatsApp... will try and get some pictures up by weekend..

sorry no luck with pictures chris.... shouldn't moan but half the time I cant log in either.

thought I had your email address from when we were looking at roof trims.