Stone0311

Replacement Bolts

Hi all, spoke to VW to order some replacement bolts to mount the gearbox back on my 1.8 PG; typically they were not avaliable but their parts man suggested any quality high tensile bolts would be fine - anyone see any issue with this?

Not too concerned but thought it may be worth a check. Thanks

Hello there,

yes the parts guy at your local VW Dealership is correct they need to be high tensile bolts, I believe they should be minimum 8.8 high tensile bolts.

Also the OEM bolts for the gearbox are flanged bolts, some possibly have a shoulder and others will be threaded right up to head of bolt, like I say don't go any lower than 8.8 high tensile, otherwise the bolt could snap, or the bolt threads could strip as it'll be too weak.

Link to ETKA for OEM gearbox bolt part numbers:

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/corrado/cor/1991-76/3/300-80000/

Link below for VW OEM bolts from original manufacturer in Germany, if you take note of the bolts you require from the ETKA link, and type them into the search option on the AV Auto Parts Ltd bolt link, it might give prices.

https://vwsupply.co.uk/car-parts-detailed/part/6516

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

Unless you want brand new I would wander down to a breakers yard with a couple of spanner’s

Find a mk 3 or 4 golf

They will be fine