Sign in to follow this  
magicrat1

Exhaust on vr6 goes over the back axel!

My vr6 now needs one more repair to be mint, that is a

replacement exhaust. Alas on the VR the tube goes over the axel.

What is the solution?

If its just a back box your easiest route would be to take it to an exhaust centre and get them to cut with a set of chain cutters as ive seen people try to do it with a hacksaw or cutting torch and they make a complete f*ck up of it, or if its a full system replace it with a stainless system which would come in sections from the cat back, or a full system replacing the cat with a bypass pipe for added power

Scorpion! Urrgh....steer clear.

Get a Magnex or Miltek instead :lol:

seen both.......and have a milltek on mine and must admit.......i prefer the magnex over the milltek looks wise....and also IMO the magnex is the quieter sounding..........nowt wrong with the milltek tho......just not quite as nice looking IMO

I'll be going for a Magnex when my OE system decides to rot completely and fall off. Got a long way to go though unfortunately :x

cut it to get the old one off, new ones have a join.

New *after-market* ones have a join, replacement VW ones (£155+VAT from GSF) are the same as the original - one piece. (Tho I heard a rumour that there's a part number for a VW two-piece replacement, but VW can't find it if you ask..)

It's not that hard to drop the rear axle down to remove and refit the exhaust, it's not like you have to change the rear axle bushes or anything (though this would seem to be the perfect time to do so!).

Oh, by the way, has ANYONE ever seen a VR with a holed OE back box? It was the centre section that went on mine, back box was almost mint (after 115k miles!).