Bondegutt

Lower grill.

Hi.

I’m new to this forum and owning a Corrado.

In my attempt to fix up a G60 I can’t seem to find the lower grill that goes in the front bumper. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to get one?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I don't think these are available new any more - your best bet would be to hope for a second hand one off a breaker. Try the FB group as well. A

Be careful as they aren’t all the same. The g60 has open slats on the ends for the brake air ducts.

Be careful as they aren’t all the same. The g60 has open slats on the ends for the brake air ducts.

Yeah, I was going to say earlier that there might be differences between models and early vs. late, but my PC with ETKA on it has dies.

This shows at least 2 variations: http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1992/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/853/subcategory/158000/part_id/3688648/lang/e#sec_6

so probably best to go by part number.

Thanks a lot for looking into it.

I see my old broken one has those openings at the ends. So ideally I would prefer that one.

On a completely different subject:

Is it still possible to find a rust free rear hatch for a corrado ? Mine has the usual rust under the window seal.

They were available as a bare metal part from VW Classic Parts the last time I checked. You'll have problems getting the glass out and back in though, but it can be done.

Cutting the glass out is easy, compared to removing the front screen anyway. The problem lives in not damaging the rubber surrounding the rear screen. I got a new hatch through Herritage from Classic parts in Germany, the thing to bare in mind with this is it a USA hatch so has a hole in it for the 3rd brake light which I have also fitted, but getting it all sorted would seem a bit expensive to some.

Informasjon the glass out with a bit of patience. But the rubber seal was glued to the frame so that I need to replace.

I will check classic parts to see if they still have it.