Cressa

Which windscreen ???

On 5/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

give pilkington themselves a call m8

Has yours actually got a Pilkington stamp on the glass mate .  Would be interested to see see the stamp. 

13 hours ago, Keyo said:

Has yours actually got a Pilkington stamp on the glass mate .  Would be interested to see see the stamp. 

good question m8 - im not sure as i havent looked

what i do know is that pilkington had the stock so as they could supply to windscreen fitters for glass insurance

i will check it & reply again tomorrow as im in the R53 today

6 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

good question m8 - im not sure as i havent looked

what i do know is that pilkington had the stock so as they could supply to windscreen fitters for glass insurance

i will check it & reply again tomorrow as im in the R53 today

Cool mate just intrigued to see if Pilkington are flogging the Sekurit - be bloody good though if two firms are still making the screen. In the USA its one of the rarest parts. 

17 hours ago, Keyo said:

Cool mate just intrigued to see if Pilkington are flogging the Sekurit - be bloody good though if two firms are still making the screen. In the USA its one of the rarest parts. 

morning m8

in the VR today - screen is Saint-Gobain Sekurit

20210522_101744.jpg

10 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

morning m8

in the VR today - screen is Saint-Gobain Sekurit

20210522_101744.jpg

Have a feeling mine might be on the original  factory one . 

On 5/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

Two firms, one from Nottingham and the guy who’s firm put mine in local to me, they both said you can’t get blue anymore but I could have the green tinted banner. But thought that would look pap on a blue car. 

Shaun there is a Saint Gobain  blue tint top one whether you can get your hands on it or not. It would look good blue on aqua . 

If you look at the link it has the screens for the corrado and has good photos and shows a blue and green tint to banner- all Saint Gobain - has the part numbers next to them.  They are showing out of stock but I have seen Mk2 golf ones in Germany.  At least you have the part numbers now. 

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/windscreen-74880/vw/corrado/corrado-53i/1755-2-9-vr6?categories[0]=1191

Blue                                                                                                                         Green 

blue.pnggreen.png

Edited by Keyo