Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

lupo wiper mod question

Do the original blades fit the lupo arms? I have 20" blades on my C at the moment & would like to keep that size if possible

Also does anyone happen to have the p/n's

Cheers

No the Lupo arms have a redical new design and are only compatible with the new-style blades.

Have a look at a new Lupo/Polo/Golf and you'll see what I mean.

Just buy two complete arms/blades from stealer.

Part number is V6X2 998 406

That is the part number for a driver's side blade/arm and fits both driver and passenger and covers the screen perfectly.

No the Lupo arms have a redical new design and are only compatible with the new-style blades.

That is the part number for a driver's side blade/arm and fits both driver and passenger and covers the screen perfectly.

Ok, nice one, Thanks :wink:

Jo from the forum has just fitted Lupo wipers & fitted V6X2 998 405 & V6X2 998 406. Is there any difference in the 2? Is it better to fit 2 the same?

kevhaywire has changed the blades on his lupo arms back to the bosch blades so it can be done

nice one cheers

One is passenger side one is driver's side.

Driver's side is slightly longer but still fits the passenger side too.

Better with two driver's sides imo.

I don't know why you would want the Lupo arm but a Bosch blade ... I thought the whole point of the exercise was to bin those rubbish standard blades.

The new Lupo style blades stick to the windscreen like glue and clean better than those gypsies :mrgreen:

The corrado blades aren't a problem. Put them on another car & they work fine. It's the arms that are crap.

But thanks for clearing that one up! 2 driver side ones on the way! 8)

Greetings,

I literally just bought two of those 6X2998406 efforts. Havent fitted em yet but looked okay.

£20.40 each inc VAT.

Pretty good considering it was sounding like £70 at one point.

Also good to note loads of the new cars at the VW garage had this style of wiper so they should stock em for many years to come.

DF

The corrado blades aren't a problem. Put them on another car & they work fine. It's the arms that are crap.

But thanks for clearing that one up! 2 driver side ones on the way! 8)

thats right,there is nothing wrong with the bosch blades at all,they are probably better than the lupo ones because they last longer,its all down to the design of the original wiper arm,s not putting enough pressure on the wiper blades/windscreen

Sorry got a bit carried away with hacking the big session ID off the end of the URL. Thanks bcstudent for fixing it tho :D