Sign in to follow this  
corozin

Supercharged Storm in Sept 2004's Golf+ Mag

Congrats to Guy for getting his supercharged VR6 Storm featured in September's Golf+ magazine. Nice action mate.

John

Ooh.. will have to try and pay a visit to WHSmith on the weekend then and pick up a copy of the magazine :)

It's also got a nice little Gold 2 litre Mk1 Golf GTi in it, which has been owned by a lad who's local to me for many years now. In the article he admits he once had his Mk1 over 140mph... what it doesn't say is that at the time he was chasing me in it, and I was pulling away from him at the time !

Ahhh, the bad old days... I don't drive like that these days. :oops:

Ooh.. will have to try and pay a visit to WHSmith on the weekend then and pick up a copy of the magazine :)

i'll pop down there after work :)

Anyone fancie scanning the pages in and posting them up here??/ or email them to me and i can but big files on photobucket.

Well aside from the obvious copyright issues, I happen to know Steve Kirk (editor of Golf+) quite well so my suggestion is to dig your hand into your pocket and just stump up - it's only a couple of quid :roll:

John

sorry didnt mean to offend ppl...

...not into the whole copyright thing myself....we all burn cds and dvds after all....a mag is no different in my eyes...but i'll probably get myself a copy.....seeing as you know the guy and all.

Well it's just Andi might get into trouble if copyrighted material was available (or linked) from this site. In addition it's also a bit hard to read your PC sitting on the loo isn't it? :D

would it be that much of a problem to scan pages of the mag and put them on here?they do it all the time on dubclub,mainly from pvw mag,and simon from pvw is on there quite often and says nothing..all my local newsagent seem to sell are playboy and max power mags :(

Its just the copyright issue - if we could okay it with the magazine, I have access to a top notch scanner at work.

Its not like we don't want to be awkward and not scan the pages - we just value our forum and would rather Andi didn't get slapped with some kind of angry letter by the Golf+ editors!

same as :D

It would be a bit poor if we Corrado owners earned a reputation with Golf+ as a bunch of chavvies who are too cheap to shell out £3.70 for a magazine. I'm sure that would encourage them to feature more Corrados in future editions.

Just my 2p worth...

It would be a bit poor if we Corrado owners earned a reputation with Golf+ as a bunch of chavvies who are too cheap to shell out £3.70 for a magazine. I'm sure that would encourage them to feature more Corrados in future editions.

Just my 2p worth...

sounds ok in principal...but you try getting any decent mags from a place thats full of boyracers..and so the newsagents only tend to sell max power,revs and playboy :lol:

I have to make an 12 mile round trip to get my VW mags... but its a good excuse to take the Corrado out for a spin on a Sunday afternoon :D

Got my copy this morning, as well as (finally) a good quality road atlas!!

The magazine seems pretty good - maybe its time to get my news agent to stop getting PVW and getting this instead for me!