jenkiam

Electric windows

17 hours ago, Cressa said:

I have the group buy ones if you need an unused one. Pretty sure I broke one too whilst trying  to fit it, so gave up 🤣

credit to those we have here still - a very helpful bunch

thanks cressa that would be great as i can investigate a scan of the unused one for 3D printing-  ive PM'd you

6 hours ago, fendervg said:

A small bit of grease and a long water pump pliers worked fine for me to fit the rollers - put them in the channel. line up the ball on the arm and a slight amount of preasure should do it. You might need to move the window up and down to get the optimum position to get at it.

good advice thank you

i will likely give it a go when the VR is back from its underside work as the interior is all currently out

9 hours ago, fendervg said:

A small bit of grease and a long water pump pliers worked fine for me to fit the rollers - put them in the channel. line up the ball on the arm and a slight amount of preasure should do it. You might need to move the window up and down to get the optimum position to get at it.

its been a while since i replaced mine last time, but how do you get the front roller off (nearer the door hinge)?  i cant seem to get good enough access..

26 minutes ago, fla said:

its been a while since i replaced mine last time, but how do you get the front roller off (nearer the door hinge)?  i cant seem to get good enough access..

Put the glass in the half-open position and this should give enough access - it will still be slightly obscured by the inner door panel. Then a bit of gentle persuasion with a large flat blade driver should get it off - a bit of warming up with a hair dryer or heat gun will help as well.

Oh, and be careful if operating the window with one roller off - you'll need to support it a bit as it operates.

Edited by fendervg

Spot on Fender, it popped off with a large screwdriver. Cleaned up the horizontal channel and roller spindle, regreased both and refitted. Pressed the roller back in with pipe grips. 

Seems to be smoother now, although could just be psychological..

On 2/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, fla said:

Spot on Fender, it popped off with a large screwdriver. Cleaned up the horizontal channel and roller spindle, regreased both and refitted. Pressed the roller back in with pipe grips. 

Seems to be smoother now, although could just be psychological..

Good to hear! They are a bit stubborn - at leas now you know they are new and won't crumble - the window should operate a bit better as well.