Stone0311

Air rotary insert bar

Hi all,

Looking at some options for remanufacture of the support bar that directs the fins on the rotary insert for air, all of mine seem to be deteriorating faster than anything else and considered the part could be 3D printed.

Is this issue common or is it only mine? The original material looks to be a very soft plastic, on mine the retaining holes have collapsed - see photo

Thinking to do a set and replace all of them with a new part, not sure if later ones are the same but could probably do a set for them if different.

Any thoughts? Just a feeler at the moment

Thxfb401ea8dcbc83de6add2b2109633706.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Good shout. Half of mine have fallen apart as well. Would think that 3D printing would be the way to go (limited producion and all that). So yeah, do some ground work and let us know how you get on 🙂

No worries
Has anyone got access to an early and late dash and can confirm they are the same or different?

On 6/20/2023 at 9:22 AM, James. said:

Good shout. Half of mine have fallen apart as well. Would think that 3D printing would be the way to go (limited producion and all that). So yeah, do some ground work and let us know how you get on 🙂

James?  I believe the campaigns had the earlier interior.  Ever thought of changing to the late interior - i personally think it looks a lot better than the earlier, although the downside would be it wouldnt be the one it came with originally

On 6/21/2023 at 10:09 AM, fla said:

James?  I believe the campaigns had the earlier interior.  Ever thought of changing to the late interior - i personally think it looks a lot better than the earlier, although the downside would be it wouldnt be the one it came with originally

Never crossed my mind to be honest. Like you say, it does look a little better, but originality is key on that one. The 8v I’m not so precious about it being OE.

On 6/20/2023 at 8:09 PM, Stone0311 said:

No worries
Has anyone got access to an early and late dash and can confirm they are the same or different?

They are different, both visually and mechanically. Because of the later, horizontal bars, the fins are mounted directly into the housing. Removing the need for a link strip. A-la pre August 92 interiors.