Johnny D

Hello, and some initial advice on Workshop Manuals and Parts lists

Hi, 

New to Corrado's, My background (in a mechanical sense) is Landrover Defenders, so a bit different. Just bought a 92' 2.0 v16 though and I'm finding it a bit confusing in terms of working out how to know which part numbers to look for, and an appropriate detailed, manufacturer level (ideally) workshop manual. 

Perhaps I've been spoilt to date, used to having a very clear LR chunky workshop manual, and easy accessibility to parts diagrams with part numbers etc. I have tried to look online, but it all seems a bit unclear.

Any help  or advice gratefully received. Ideally I'd like to source an appropriate hard copy workshop manual (if such a thing exists), and how do I work out which parts I need and their numbers?

Many thanks

John

Hi john & welcome

there are normally Bentley workshop manuals available on ebay etc, they dont cover everything as are a US manual but they are a great buy

Thanks, that's helpful, I've had an initial look, not cheap, but I always feel a good workshop manual pays for itself pretty quickly. Looking at these initially, it doesn't appear to cover the engine? 

If it doesn't, is there another book that would cover the 2.0 16V?

Do you know if parts diagrams are available with associated part numbers? I'm used to using that approach when ordering parts. If not, what do other folk do when they need bits?

Appreciate the help.

Regards

John

The Bentley is great for most things, but not great on your engine. I wonder if Bentley did one for a mk3 golf! 

You can't beat referring to a chunky book for help. 

For the 16v engine there is also a MkiII Gofl Bentley - or one of the Haynes for Golf/Passat that covers the engine will probably give you enough info to work with. The Bentley really onyl covers US market models, so only the AAA and G60 engines, so is not always that useful or engine or wiring stuff, but most everything else is the same.