Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

biggrim's 1992 G60 (more pics added 19/03/07)

Here's my G60 (with my dad's 17's on it. Getting my own soon.) No longer has the front spoiler as it had too many arguments with bumps in the road. It's got full Storm interior and the car is F.A.F! What rims to buy, that is the question.

Got to love the black C's!

......and welcome to the forum :)

That looks superb, want to do the same mods to my g60 too :)

couple of questions though....

how dark is the tints?

how hard is the rear spoiler (under bumper) to fit, and how comes it aint colour coded?

The rear spoiler is actually the front spoiler turned upside down and butchered to fit. Was done by the guy who had the car before and based on the cost of a new front spoiler (which is £50 - £100 + VAT) I wouldn't have done it personally. It could be colour coded by a bodyshop though. Same with the lights, done by the previous owner so I've no idea how dark he went. If you take them to a bodyshop I think they will do them for you for a small fee. If your car is lowered like mine (only 40mm but still a nightmare) be careful of front spoiler as mine has now been relegated to the garage and I think I'm gonna put the standard one back on. Thinking of selling the backbox. I think it's too big. What d'ya think? Sounds great but I'm gonna mabye make the car standard-ish looking and that would mean removing the rear lower spoiler. The car would look pants with that pipe hanging out it's ar$e. Arrrgh, decisions decisions. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

It's been dropped 40mm so what size of wheel can I get away with? I was thinking 7x17 but will I need to get the arches rolled? How low is yours and is that the original front spoiler? I got to sort the front of my car out. Cheers

Do you get much scrapeage when driving around normally? Couldn't get mine out the driveway without scraping it. What offset will be best? I'm kinda on a budget. Was gonna get some Kahn RS-S's for it. Want an easy to clean wheel that looks menacing. Any suggestions? By the way, have your arches been rolled? (silly question really)

I just have to be carefull where i go , some speed bumps can be a pain in the ass because its about 3" off the floor . You will need 35mm offset , and the kahn's would look nice , so why dont you look out for some mint 2nd hand ones . Yes the arches on the rear have been rolled . Are you going to gti inters ?

No can do I'm afraid. Got exams just now till the end of May. Even got one on my 22nd birthday (woo-hoo). Would have been ideal to get a set of second hand rims though. How much does it cost to get the arches rolled and do you have to remove the plastic crap guards permanantly. Something tells me that they are only on the front though. Only found this site tonight, it's f@ckin great! I'll never get any studying done now!! Cheers :batman:

hi

your cars look great

how did your trims cost jimbo? they fill that awful gap that i want to det rid of.

Jimbo-you were next to me at inters on the camping. You had that marquee doo dah that turned over. I have the blue G60 with RCs on it. Just recognised you car now mate

NAh, it was already in it when I bought it. Cost the previous owner £850 though! Nothing compared to the price the Storm owner paid to get his car in the scrappy to donate the seats. Bet they were :mad: !!!

yeah some photos in the members gallery "jimmay's corrado" i bought stock not to long ago and i slowly do some mods konis are planed for July :D and a charger rebuild for the end of the year after the tax man :cry:

Mate have you got pics of the rear center armrest bit, I fitted my leathers in last saturday but the centre armrest don't bolt on to anything, I like the interior of your leathers mate its nice and clean to. Are you going to change the dash and other plastic grey bits?

Do all the gauges work???

there's a story behind that, eh, Biggrim?!? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Bally,

Yip they all work. I've taken the oil temp and voltage out cause I wanted to put my heater vents back in. Boost gauge now lives in centre console next to oil pressure (which is no longer connected up (long story)).

Sanj,

Going to change all the trim bits and dash to black when I can afford it and track the bits down. Might fit a late spec dash if my heated seats work properly. Do you want me to take a photograph of how the rear arm-rest is fixed into position? Can do that for you asap and put it on for you. Let me know.

Cheers for your replies mates