Sign in to follow this  
quikstu

Needing a new windscreen!

On my way to work this morning when a passing vehicle threw up a stone which has taken two chunks outta my bonnet & then cracked my windscreen!

Crack is now approx 8" long!

£50 excess gone & need to drop the car off tomorrow morn for 5hrs whilst the window gets fitted.

What a pisser!

:(

same thing has happened to me :( Except the damage is only to the windscreen (I think)!

Think the RAC will be changing mine - Do I need to get them to renew the rubber seals? Mine pop out a bit!

£50 excess gone & need to drop the car off tomorrow morn for 5hrs whilst the window gets fitted.:(

five hours?????????

had mine changed by RAC almost a year ago, the seal came away the next day, took it back and not a problem after. just had to drive round with tape round the screen all day! looked like the car was ill!

tear a chunk out of the rubber trim and say whatever hit the screen also took a chunk out of the rubber that way they have to change it :lol:

but tell them the trim is damaged before you get there so they can order one in for you :|

i need to take mine in soon as a broken lorry wheel bolt has cracked mine in the corner and the rubber trim dosnt sit very well either :(

I had a fairly deep 6 inch scratch on the inside of my windscreen when i first got my corrado, (i dont even want to know how that got there :? ) left it tiill MOT time because the scratch was on the drivers side and i knew it would fail, took the guy just over 3 hours to fit a new one!! :shock: