Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

Idle stablization Value.

hello

fed up of the car cutting out thought i got rid of it but its back n its running even lower when hot the idle is about 5 mark so where do i find the isv Idle stablization Value.

where is it?

Hi mate

The ISV (Idle stabilisation valve) is the shiney metal part to the right of the picture.

You'll need to lift the plastic cover off at the back to get to it. An 8mm spline tool require there.

K

whoops sorry the picture only just came up!!

so is that on the right side or the left side of the engine bay? mine has rusty bit lol no shiny bits!! lol

Sorry about the slight hijack - still on topic though...

Anyone know if the Mk3 Golf (1.4) has an ISV? Or for that matter, what could cause it to idle at over 2k revs?!

just wondering while im on the case

could the cat be something to do with the car cutting out n running low when hot?

could the lambada ?

1 last thing if i was to put a cat bypass on would that make more possible problems? also as its a mot failer to have no cat would that make a problem with insurance?? ie if someone god forbid had a crash and the insurerers found there was no cat would the cover be void?? due to it not being legal?

WIth regards the lambda sensor, I've got problems with mine at the moment (see this thread->http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139699) and have had to disconnect the sensor to allow me to drive the car. Fuel economy is not great, but I've not had the car cut-out at all today, which could just be a coincidence but I suspect not as my car normally cuts out at lot when dipping the clutch for too long.

Might be worth disconnecting the lambda to see if that stops your car stalling. I presume the reason mine doesn't stall in this situation is because the ECU doesn't bother trimming the fuel at all and so it never gets too weak - hence doesn't stall (could be wrong here though).

Anyway, this seems to have eliminated coilpack, ignition leads and probably ISV as being the problem for mine (somebody please tell me if I've jumped to the wrong conclusion). Now seems it's either the lambda itself, or something which causes the lambda to get duff readings - leaking manifold, downpipe, etc. When (if) I get to the bottom of this I'll let you know.

ummmm see i also get a nasty smell from the back so maybe the lambada is the problem? but then agian when first bought the car i noticed a spark from the ht leads so i changed them n i though it went due to the old leads being in bad condtion , then yesterday i noticed sparks coming from hole 4 thought maybe i left it loose, now i near that the coil pack would make sparks like that it its broken....

BLOODY CORRADO'S I WAIT LIKE 10 YEARS FOR ONE THEN ILL SPEND THE NEXT TEN TRYING TO GET THE THING PROBLEM FREE!!!!!! N IF THAT AINT BAD ENOUGH SUM C**T DROPPED A BIG POLE ON MY BONNET LEAVING A BIG DENT NEXT DAY I FIND ANOTHER BARE METAL SCRATCH!!!!! I CANT EVEN SAY I GOT A PERFECT PAINT JOB NOMORE!!!!!!!!!