Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

ABS pump

Hi,

Does anyone one know what abs pumps are a match for the corrado abs system?

I need to refit the standard ABS system to my car as I have had a slight change of plan with the control of the 4wd, only I havent got the abs pump any more.

I have the brain that goes int the passenger footwell but no pump.

Does the pump off the passat fit it? I am talking in terms of there are about 10 passats at my local scrap yard and no corrados :wink:

Any info greatly appreciated

Mr C

Cheers Kev,

Heres a question for you then - How necessary do you think ABS is?

It crossed my mine to just rip it out completely.......Do you think its any good? I have yet to use the ABS on all the cars that I have had with it fitted (unless I am being a dick in the ice and trying to make it come on)

So ABS - worth it or not?

Is it "necessary" - well no. A lot of people here claim it's helped them out (myself included), so I'd rather have it on and working than not. Also, I suppose it gets a bit tricky with cars built up like this, but if the car left the factory with ABS, theoretically it must continue to have ABS, and it must be working, for it to get an MOT. In practice you probably won't have any trouble, but insurance companies like little excuses just like this...! :(