Sign in to follow this  
boab

what engine will fit?

how hard/easy is it to fit a new engine into a car? what modifications have to be made to the car?? my uncle has just had his very tasty 2001 wrx wrote off, it was smashed into from behind and wrecked, the car has only done 14k. this may be a daft question, but is it possible to fit this engne into a corrado, i dunno what size they are but i know it bigger than what ive got and its a turbo as well!!! can it be done/.. or does it have to be a vw engine to go in, just asking caus i know i could get this engine for nothing!!

like mentioned before with enough time and money it can be done

the best thing you have going for yourself is that you have the entirer car to start with so you can transfer everything over even and including the floor pan for all the transmisson stuff

personally that would make one interesting conversion if you do decidde to go for it

you are talking about a SERIOUS project there... this isn't just a plug and play swap like the 20VT or 1.9TDI conversions are, you're talking about a radical re-engineering of the car and running gear... :|

Having said that, as mentioned above, someone did it to a MKI golf, so it should go into a Corrado but don't think it's gonna be easy, cheap or quick to do! Good luck, should be something a little special if you get it working... 8)

The best bet would be to do some research on both engines\gearboxes. Probably best 2 options are (a) fitting a conversion plate so the Scoob engine would mate to the gearbox. Problems arise with flywheel sizes input shaft, not least the conversion plate which would have to be made probably as a 1 off. The other option (b) is to change engine and transmission, but then you have problems getting driveshafts to fit, if there are any! also Mounting the combined unit to the engine bay and ensuring everything lines up. At the end of the day, the conversion may not be safe or driveable.

Alternatively, You would probably be better buying a cheap scoob with blown engine, replace the unit. Sell it for much bucks - and buy another Corrado. :wink:

I dont think you will get a scoob engine to mount to a corrado gearbox.

Its a boxer engine and the the pistons stick out the side....