Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Speedline 2108's (Comp2)

Found this picture of my car when it used to be owned by brookescourt wearing the Speedlines I want to get.. somehow it was just on my computer in a buried away folder with the name 'sweetg60.jpg' - weird.

Anyway - I have to get another pair of these wheels - they look AMAZING!! :shock:

sweetg60.jpg

Speedline Comp2's in 16" :)

I'm still torn between a refurb for my wheels or a set of these - I like these SO much more but they also cost so much more than just a refurb! :)

/me scours ebay :D

Something about that wheel type/size and ride height that just rounds things off perfectly. Certainly floats my boat. Think you should get a set matey, sod the refurb!

Believe me mate, i've been on eBay ever since buying the car to find a set. They just don't come up at all :(

You seem to be of the same kind of opinion as me then.. I like the fact that they are a nice unfussy 16" which is nice comprimise between filling the arches and retaining good ride quality.. and they just give a really nice sporty / updated look to the car!

i love these wheels... please tell me they come in 5x100 fitment!!! feel the same as rodders... these would be an acceptable upgrade as they are very similay looking to the solitudes 8)

i take it you can get them without those crappy stickers!!! lovely wheel

any idea of the weight?? speedlines are normally pretty light so it shouldnt be an issue

Not sure but I understand these specific wheels are very very light indeed. A lot of the Saxo club people buy Speedlines for their 'rally' style cars because of it.

And as you can see in the picture of my car a few up, no sticker - just the recessed 'speedline' logo on each wheel.

yeah i saw that... they look absolutely lovely! think this will be my next buy after i pay for the vt front mount and fit my schrick 8)

are you gonna get them again for your car then?

I've been thinking about it ever since getting the car tbh mate. Keep thinking about cracking a set on my C/C ever since Lloyds very kindly raised the limit by £1000 for no reason at all... just I haven't lashed out around £750 (which it will cost after tyres, etc) on many things before - and I know the car will look sweet with the wheels but its SO much money!

Had the caps off the BBS's today and found that they are still held on using little Speedline bolts.. I should get the right wheels for the bolts surely :D

have you looked around for a better pirce. alloys are pretty cheap now a days. alot of my mates use a website based in ireland and import them and they work out quite a bit cheaper. i'll let you know if i find a good price cause im gonna start looking aswell now. :D

As I say, £517 is the best I had so far - that was including delivery from Scotland as well.

Cool - thanks for that Dave.

Theres some guys close to me called BMTR ( http://www.bmtr.co.uk ) who also stock these.. need to give them a call for a quote as well I think.

Split this into a seperate thread now..

Anyway phoned BMTR for a price on these just now, and they have £125+VAT per wheel.. so £146/corner works out to £584.

I might re-try S-Link just to see if their £517 still stands - seems to be the one to beat!

I got off the phone to em about two hours ago... :(

When I get a reply from S-Link through email though, i'll reply and ask if they do em in 5x100 :)

oh no worry. did you find anything cheaper than £517 then?? add decent michelin tyres (which is what i want to get) and you looking at over £800 :cry: damn i hate spending money..

any idea of the weight of them yet aswell?

Nope. As I say, BMTR came back with about £580'ish. PerformanceAlloyWheels.com came back with £600 dead.

To be honest I haven't looked into weight as i'm not hugely worried about it - I know that these Speedline Corse style wheels are light (rally background), and they HAVE to be lighter than these chunky old BBS's that I currently have! :)

The BBS RAs we found are are almost 16.5lbs on a different thread. The 15" 5 spoke Speedlines are 15lb.

Jedi I tried phoning Speedline UK earlier but couldn't get through, engaged for ages. So I emailed them instead. Should get a response tomorrow.

The 7 x 17 Compomotive MO is £154 inc VAT direct from the factory, so I've got my eye on those if the Speedo plan falls through. Compomotives are light too.