Sign in to follow this  
julesz

G60 Vs 1.8T

Anyone got any ideas how a standard G60 performs against a standard Mk4 Golf 1.8T? A mate of mine has one and we seem to be almost identical. Just wondering if im slower than i should be...

i think stock for stock the 1.8T should have a bit on us man... so if you're dead even i think thats a plus for you.. and us.

the G60 setup needs a few cheap bits to make it significantly faster... but a chip on a 1.8T makes that significantly faster too..

both setups are pretty good imho, and both have a LOT of room for tweakin!

but if you say stock vs. stock and you're dead even, makes me happy! i've never driven a stock G60.. driven an assload of 1.8Ts.. they're fun.

Depends if it's the older 150bhp version or the later 180bhp flavour. The 150 bhp car is all boost at low revs and then dies off quite quickly. The 180 version gives more at the top end too.

Kev

94 VR6

i have had a g60 c all done up 199 bhp and i now have a 1.8T in it done up about 205 bhp and there ant much in it the 1.8T is a bit quicker but not much up gti internation i did a 0/60 in 6.7 and 1/4 in 15.00 me old

g60 up the pod was 15.6 over the 1/4

Cars are quite evenly matched. A friend of mine has a Seat Leon Cupra 180bhp and not had a race as such but not much else on the road has a chance when we go out cruising. :lol:

my stdish G60 sees off a 1.8t no probs.

raced a 4motion last night n got rid of him too. didn't go over 100 but even so.

id say a 4motion would be a really equal race with a std impreza in a straight line

my stdish G60 sees off a 1.8t no probs.

raced a 4motion last night n got rid of him too. didn't go over 100 but even so.

id say a 4motion would be a really equal race with a std impreza in a straight line

What you done to the G60 ? :D

Ive raced a 4 motion too through Salford ... got rid of that pretty quickly....

car is full 2.25/2.5 system no cat. stage 4 charger, induction kit. coilovers,heavy dute front engine mount. ebc turbo groove std pads. nothing special unless there are some PO mods i dont know about. Jabba said it was on a std pulley though

i expected a lot from the 4 motion. but as i said it was like a std scooby.

sat even until 85ish then i pulled about 3 more cars to 100. lost him thru the bends like you wouldn't believe.

a vr pulls about 1 car on me to 100mph from what ive seen. my cars done 113kmiles n feels good. dont know what it boosts at as no gauge yet.

im more than happy at the moment. what will it be like with 50 or so more hp.