Sign in to follow this  
gibber

Story - Street Racing!

Fascinating read...... I think if I had "The Power" I'd be like that too, looking for races but I've mellowed out in my old age and prefer just to cruise and listen to the tunes. I do have a quick squirt every now and then when plums try to mount by backside (I swear tailgaters are gay, why else would they be so interested in my backside?).

A Supercharged VR is indeed a fine machine, capable of some insane speeds and your install looks superb. A Shrek manifold and Shrek 268s and AMD throttle will suffice for me..... for now :twisted:

What I find interesting is that ever since I've removed all "VR6" appendages from my car, *nobody* tries it on any more. "Is it G60, 1.8T, VR6, what?" Keep em guessing :wink:

Fascinating read...... I think if I had "The Power" I'd be like that too, looking for races but I've mellowed out in my old age and prefer just to cruise and listen to the tunes. I do have a quick squirt every now and then when plums try to mount by backside (I swear tailgaters are gay, why else would they be so interested in my backside?).

A Supercharged VR is indeed a fine machine, capable of some insane speeds and your install looks superb. A Shrek manifold and Shrek 268s and AMD throttle will suffice for me..... for now :twisted:

What I find interesting is that ever since I've removed all "VR6" appendages from my car, *nobody* tries it on any more. "Is it G60, 1.8T, VR6, what?" Keep em guessing :wink:

LOL... so with the VR6 badging on they used to race you all the time? With the badging removed they don't try it on? Can't say they ever try it on with me and my G60 badging, so obviously boy racers know VR6's are easy meat.

Only kidding Kev ;)

No you havent got it, after the TB, the core is built into the inlet above the rocker cover!

AHHHHH!

Very nice mate! :D is that a first? That is really good!

DId you do that yourself?

LOL... so with the VR6 badging on they used to race you all the time? With the badging removed they don't try it on? Can't say they ever try it on with me and my G60 badging, so obviously boy racers know VR6's are easy meat.

Only kidding Kev ;)

He he, not at all mate. Believe me, I *do* know how fast a beefed up G60 is and I don't take the VR6 jesting personally. It's VW's "touring" engine, isn't it? :wink:

Supercharged took me out in his G werks'd G60 the other night and I was well impressed. He must be pushing around the 200 brake mark now and it certainly feels like my Shrek'd VR has met it's match. Being an uncompetetive bloke, I am pleased for him. It's about bloody time he realised the potential of that car :wink: I've been pushing him to get the Step-Lader Stage 4'd for yonks.....

Anyway, enough of the flattery already...

Yes, when I had the VR6 badges on, boy racers left right and centre kept trying it on but removing the engine type badging erradicated all the surplus chrome (which I hate with a passion) and created an air of mystery about the car which *seems* to have beaten them off with a stick. Seriously, all the usual rep-mobiles and Novas steam up my arse (see gay comment from earlier) and then back off, way off. Whereas before..."Oh yeah, it's a VR6, I'll see if I can keep up / beat it" happened.

I just love the cleaned up rump that just sports a colour coded VW emblem and "Corrado". Keep the feckers in the dark but ensure they know they were smoked by a VW :wink:

yeah.. the clean rear (ahem) look is starting to grow on my me.. I'm seriously toying with the thought of removing the rear wiper for starters. But I just like looking at the supercharged G60 badging to remove that :(

Oh - just wondered how you find the noise of the G60 now its beefed up a bit Kev? I know the noise isn't the same (or really as good) as the VR6 howl but - its got a certain something about it hasnt it... :)

Mate, defo clean up the rear end. I dunno, maybe it's just me but all this "VR6" and "Supercharged" badging is so 80s and kind of draws attention to your car, namely from unwanted plebs in "lesser" cars. Compared to current technology, "VR6" and "G60" no longer cuts it in the power stakes. For example, "GT2" on the back of Porsche 996s....who knows a 450bhp engine is lurking under that cover? And "350Z", again, you've got a 280 brake engine under there and nobody knows...

OK, gone off on a bit of a tangent there but I hope you see where I'm coming from? The element of surprise is cool. If you get beaten quite comprehensively, you can just lean on the door picking your nose acting all nonchalant and they wouldn't know what they've beaten.....you could have been cruising for all they know!

Delving far too deeply into physcology there but anyway......

Yes, G-Laders sound lovely, I've always liked that demonic growl. I'm looking forward to Supercharged doing the boost return bypass so I can hear the screech when it vents to atmosphere......and Henny's toothed belt drive.....awesome!

The VR6 doesn't sound anything special to me tbh. I hate induction noise, unless it's coming from a V8, and the VR just kind of plods along to my ears. It doesn't sound bland by any means, I just don't get excited by it. The G60 has a totally unique engine note that sounds like it's trying to suck the tarmac off the road.

I guess you're thinking I'm in the wrong car reading that, but no, I like the VR for it's relaxed torque delivery and refinement (further enhanced by tonnes of dynamat :lol: ) and it's the only VW engine I've not had experience of, until now.

Sheesh I can ramble on...... :?

thats a well good story and well written, i could almost picture myself in the driving seat :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool car mate!!!! 8)

Oh my, 410 hits in 24 hours!

noticed the charger has a ribbed drive belt. Is it a zr 1 or zr 2 charger?

Im thinking it is a ZR1 it was fitted a good few years ago!

Very nice mate! is that a first?

I think it is the first time it has been done, but I cant take all the credit for it, a few people have had their input!

The idea came from Nik Saran himself!

kevhaywire, On the back of mine it has Corrado in carrera script and the porsche 's' badge.

kevhaywire, On the back of mine it has Corrado in carrera script and the porsche 's' badge.

Nice, I like the sound of that. Got any pics?

That bagde looks well smart, I've seen one like it before, I tried to get hold of one when some little sh1t stole mine, but I ended up with a chrome corrado one.

Where did you find it?