Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

Group buy for Koni dampers

I am interested but I am going to need rallye rears and VR fronts.

I thought you can get the full kit including springs for 400 quid.

TSR do an SSK Kit for £423 (incl VAT) or 4 dampers for £317

The larkspeed price does look good, although I'm only really after 2 rears that can be adjusted for my eibach springs and TSR are just too far away.

The idea was to try to get a reasonable price on a collection of individual dampers as at least a couple of us just want to improve on the rear height and Koni's look about the best option. I could find out what price I could get the kits for but I'd imagine they'd be about the same as larkspeed. but if people want standard height Konis or just pairs of lowered dampers and no springs then whole kits are a bit much.

By all means suggest any options though.

David.

Good point mate. I did notice quite a few people only wanted rears or fronts. Perhaps this could turn into a double group buy 8)

Could try Larkspeed for GB on the Koni kits but I just wonder if they'll move much on price as they seem to be £40 cheaper than any other website!

Timo.

OK, I'm going to get these dampers ordered ASAP, I'll leave this open to the start of next week, so if anyone does wan't to get some Koni's, now is the time to confirm this.

Unfortunately I can't really better the prices http://www.larkspeed.com list for full kits and their website doesn't cover the Corrado dampers separately, I'll ring if I get time.

Also, the prices I can obtain single items for will probably work out about the same as buying more locally to yourself when carriage costs are included, so if you want say a pair of rear shocks and are within easy reach of Milton Keynes or Northampton then you can probably save about 20 quid or so through the group buy, add carriage and I doubt whether it would be much more than a tenner saved. Discount is roughly 10% on orders greater than 5 items.

I can hang on for longer but will close this early next week if there is no more interest,

David.

Koni have just revised all the kits they have changed the springs they arent Vogtland anymore and seem much better, they have rebranded all the kits and they are called 1134 kits or something like that,, the new springs seem really good, we are running them on one of our Mk1`s at the moment,, we got the kit from TSR really cheap, if you pester them they will come down on price a bit,, Venom motorsport are also very competitive, although DAVIDWORT`s prices dont seem too bad for shocks either,,,

Does the Koni kit that larkspeed supply have adjustble rear platform (think it's 5 adjustments via a circlip?) as well as damping adjustment?

If so, might try the kit.

Does the Koni kit that larkspeed supply have adjustble rear platform (think it's 5 adjustments via a circlip?) as well as damping adjustment?

If so, might try the kit.

YES!!!!! I've just bought that kit myself. Haven't driven the car with them yet but from what I've heard about the kit, it is very good and a bargain at that price.

Go for it! 8)

Timo.

Order placed - looks like i'll be busy next weekend.

Any advice on top mounts - how much are they, best place to buy? Is VAG better or are they much the same from GSF or Euro?

think I spent about £130-140 on all new top mounts, bumpstops etc. Also that includes the rear axle bushes!! Word of warning about these if you are thinking of doing them yourself..... Dont, they are a nightmare!!

I got most of the stuff from VAG.

Timo.

Just got new front mounts and bearings from Euro car parts, but they don't do the rear top mounts - any idea how much these are from VAG?

Plus I presume new dust covers/gaitors are recommended - are the powerflex bump stops and gaitors beter than VAG kit?

There's two rear mounts per side!! a lower one and an upper one. Not sure the price but they weren't that expensive. If I remember correctly the bumpstops were more than the mounts.

You can get them from gsf.

never bothered with new dust covers, they were fine but it depends on the condition of yours.

I would just stick to VAG bump stops, there's no need to upgrade them and will be cheaper no doubt

Timo.

There's two rear mounts per side!! a lower one and an upper one. Not sure the price but they weren't that expensive. If I remember correctly the bumpstops were more than the mounts.

You can get them from gsf.

never bothered with new dust covers, they were fine but it depends on the condition of yours.

I would just stick to VAG bump stops, there's no need to upgrade them and will be cheaper no doubt

Timo.

are the powerflex bump stops and gaitors beter than VAG kit?

The small powerflex bumpstops with the Koni kit are cack and won't even fit over the dampers...

IMO the GSF bumpstops (Febi) are actually better than the VAG ones as they are rubber as opposed to foam which will only last about 50k's before falling apart, just make sure you trim the 30-40mm off them as you are lowering the car.

The small powerflex bumpstops with the Koni kit are cack and won't even fit over the dampers...

IMO the GSF bumpstops (Febi) are actually better than the VAG ones as they are rubber as opposed to foam which will only last about 50k's before falling apart, just make sure you trim the 30-40mm off them as you are lowering the car.

Thanks, nice to have a long-term view, will try GSF i think.

Koni top adjustables now fitted, new top mounts all round; new rear axle bushes and wheel alignment carried out today..what a difference, feels like a new car and corners like it's on rails..

Just got my VR back on the road after installing the same koni kit as you. Feels so much better. Haven't had the wheels aligned just yet. Back end feels really tight now. New mounts/bushes all round.

Den_VR6, Did you install it all yourself?

Timo.

Fitted the suspension myself, run for about 40 miles to allow everything to settle down, then took it to Awesome GTI for rear bushes & wheel alignment - heard that the bushes are a swine to fit...

The bushes are a nightmare, would never do them again but I wont have to for a while :mrgreen:

Been on longer run in the car today and I'm well chuffed with it. Once the alignment is sorted it'll be the daddy!!!

Timo.

Me next! My axle bushes are shagged. I can fel the car moving at the rear on fast long corners. Mot due so off to Jim Curley this week.

VAG or Powerflex Axle bushes?????? Jim fits the powerflex but I want the rear wheel steering. What to do, what to do?

stick with vag!!

The car feels sooooo much better after changing the rear bushes, its like a train!!!

T.

Fancy that Koni kit myself, once funds permit.Just been on the Larkspeed website and came across the Monroe Magic Camber kit.No info there really anyone, any idea how it works???