Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

My freshly flared out arches (56k beware, 10 pics)

yeah, the skinny wheels on the front will spin up easily, meaning the 4wd will kick in sooner and get those rear wheels into action more often :mrgreen:

more pics, just picked it up. threw the rear lights on (still working on those), forgot to fit the colour coded passat door handles, durr.

cheers for the colour coded number plate surround A20LEE, looks mint with the all red crystals (a first I do believe?? what do you think?) very audi looking don't you think?

64077520.jpg

64077538.jpg

64077552.jpg

64077569.jpg

64077594.jpg

64077610.jpg

64077628.jpg

64077643.jpg

64077658.jpg

64077695.jpg

64077727.jpg

£450 for all that work, and look at the finish!! I'm well happy! :mrgreen: thanks to the silly cow who dented my rear quarter, her insurance paid £200 towards it :lol:

Dunno... the Speedlines look right from some angles but wrong from others. Sure when this car has some fatter wheels on it'll look the bomb :)

Bargain price for good quality work. Can't wait to see it lowered onto your secret rims.

thing is, I can't order coilovers, as I need a vr6 syncro set, and harldy anyone does them, and they won't fit with the 2wd back axle as they'd be 2" too short.

new rims will be outed at edition 38 :wink:

Will have a good look at ed38, but from the photos the work looks excellent! It's about time you had some joy from bodyshops! :shock: :mrgreen: :wink:

nope, I love the colour, it was one of the few factory colours I liked, the otheres being dragon green (found one but it was a dog) and metallic black (couldn't find one) and that voilet pearl colour, or metallic grey (couldn't find neither of those).

The colour is the reason I bought it, I love it, apart from that horrible purple colour is goes in dull weather....the red that comes out int he sun is fantastic, I wouldn't change it for anything (excpet maybe to paint it the same colour as my old mk2)

love the rear lights.... are they just your in pro's ...but tinted?? looks good!

cant see the point of the wide arches still but im sure all will become clear when you fit wider wheels.

nice colour and nice front grill....hey its starting to look like a pretty sorted car :mrgreen:

Er.. surely the point of wider arches is so that you can fit wider wheels without them catching on the arch?!

Er.. surely the point of wider arches is so that you can fit wider wheels without them catching on the arch?!

i know..... i was making a point (again) that i dont like wide wheels but i guess it isnt easy to understand the things i write when im half asleep :roll: sorry

well, you'd best look away then, because if you don't like wide or dished wheels you won't like mine at all.

i had a thought....i like porsche wheels but not the wide rears.....couldn't you (or i) just use 4 front wheels as they arent excessivly big. its just the big rears i see a bit pointless ...not the design

Mine are all front wheels, 8.5"x17", admitedly wide, but all the same width, as at the end of the day its still FWD! All still under standard arches too.

Jay

i had a thought....i like porsche wheels but not the wide rears.....couldn't you (or i) just use 4 front wheels as they arent excessivly big. its just the big rears i see a bit pointless ...not the design

I could, but I only have one set of these, in fact, they might even be the oly set in existence as I think they've been custom made! and I can't make them narrower as the inner and outer rims have seen welded together for strength (and so they'lll never leak).

but, it's a good idea and I've actually done that before. if you remember gareth spillers red vento 24v in throttle bodies, you will see that I put front rims on the rear of his, to make the rears narrower.

I can't make them narrower as the inner and outer rims have seen welded together for strength (and so they'lll never leak).

:!: All the bolts holding a split rim together make them plenty strong enough. A correctly assembled splity will not leak either. Where are you planning on driving yours that requires them to be welded up then?!

I could, but I only have one set of these, in fact, they might even be the oly set in existence as I think they've been custom made! and I can't make them narrower as the inner and outer rims have seen welded together for strength (and so they'lll never leak).

Hmmm, saw some interesting wheels on a coffin dodgers 993 cab for sale on ebay. Am i warm?

I never welded them up, they came like that. they are quite old wheels.

not seen the one on ebay so I wouldn't know. show me.