Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

How to get your MFA to say 99.9 mpg

OK please excuse the childish nature of the description that follows but only been a Corrado owner for a few weeks and the trip computer is still new to me :) :(

1. Go on a motorway with a suitable hill [M11south bound just before junction with M25 will do nicely]

2. Get the car running to a healthy speed - 70/80+

3. When you get to the top of the hill reset the trip computer

4. Now coast your way down the hill!

99.9mpg :)

Sorry - i blame the stresses of work!

Yes yes... we've all done that just to try and escape the truth that our cars are just too thirsty.

The reality soon breaks when you hit the next hill, put your foot down and it drops to 72MPG and then 40MPG and then into the 30's... ergh.

:)

Yup Jim - very true indeedy! :lol:

How is ur G60 for fuel consumption - as according to the VW Owner's club site they said 22mpg for G60s which i thought was a bit harsh! I get over 30mpg in mine on the run to work - most of it is motorway driving.

Yes yes... we've all done that just to try and escape the truth that our cars are just too thirsty.

The reality soon breaks when you hit the next hill, put your foot down and it drops to 72MPG and then 40MPG and then into the 30's... ergh.

:)

than the 20's and than even the 18-19's if ur really bad ass

How is ur G60 for fuel consumption - as according to the VW Owner's club site they said 22mpg for G60s which i thought was a bit harsh! I get over 30mpg in mine on the run to work - most of it is motorway driving.

Depends... 16-25MPG on my crappy crawl to work, 25-30MPG when its late and the city is quiet, 35MPG when on the motorway for a long drive.

So not that bad really.

mines abt the same as jims....although i hate it in the morning when u 1st start it up and it reads something like 9mpg for few mins :mad:

When I had my MK2 16V turbo, I returned the princely sum of 11mpg on a hard run, LOL! But yeah, the 99.9mpg is a good trick and you also get that when the MFA loses it's key signal from the ECU/Vacuum feed or if the MFA mpg circuit goes to silicon heaven.

mine's been reading in the mid to high 30s all week... I'm a bit worried by that at the moment, although I have been taking it easy due to the boost leak and slight blow from the exhaust... I'll see what it says when I fill 'er up next time... 8)

Normally I get about 25 to 17 MPG out of her on the way to work and back... 8)

mine varys between 11/12mpg and high 20's, although i think theres something wrong with it, becuase i still get about 350 miles from a tank. The day i picked it up on got 9mpg on the way home! I wondered if i'd done the right thing in buying it until i worked out the 'true' mpg figures :lol:

Looks like an 8 valver could be the way forward guys….. the puter thing says 30mpg if I push it and around 35mpg just driving normally - That is when its warmed up. First thing in the morning or when I first start her up more likely she is around the around about the 25 mark. I don’t know how accurate this is though so might check it and find out. :lol:

Well one day i drove in to work (20miles - about 15 of which is motorway) and i made an effort to drive slow and save fuel - i got 35.8mpg ... BUT i had to let people in cars such as Ford Fiestas overtake me!

Today i put my foot down all the way - and got 26mpg but it was SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE!

They are sport cars at the end of the day - so paying a bit more for fuel i think is justifiable... although my bank balance says otherwise :(

Depends... 16-25MPG on my crappy crawl to work, 25-30MPG when its late and the city is quiet, 35MPG when on the motorway for a long drive.

So not that bad really.

pretty much the same as mine then :D

['H3R4POR]

So not that bad really.

pretty much the same as mine then :D

yeah i get pretty much the same figures as this too..