Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

How much should I be paying?

Gonna get the following done:

Bonnet and front wings respray

Colour coded grill, headlight surounds and rear number plate surround.

Been quoted £200, but the guy can't do it until November :shock: so I'm going to take it somewhere else.

Sounded like a good quote to me- what do you guys think? Is this too much or is it too cheap? The guy seems to know what he's talking about and the other cars around the garage looked excellent.

Yeah - seems bloody cheap actually.

I got quoted just under £100 to have a scuff on the bumper of my last Corrado smoothed over and resprayed!

Good prices, done by a good shop, seem to start at around £185 for a single panel. I would imagine that both front wings and the bonnet counts as more than a single panel, so I'd expect it to be significantly more than that..

i paid £180 for my bonnet sprayed and the rear quarter panel,so thats not a bad price,not everyplace charges stealer prices :)

£200 for all that :?: :?: ......thats damn cheap.....i was approx £350 for a complete front-end paint and rear panel paint from a damn good painter up this neck of the woods...........

It also depends on where you are... ooop north it's not so pricey...

and of course it all depends on whether your painter uses quality paint or cheap paint.........spoke to the guy who did mine today and he told me the paint cost is mental for quality metallics whereas you can get cheaper paint but the quality aint great

Yeh, seemed cheap to me, but his work looks top notch. My paint isn't metallic, which may have brought it down a little.

Yeh, seemed cheap to me, but his work looks top notch. My paint isn't metallic, which may have brought it down a little.

u sure yer paint aint a metallic?????...............unless its red/white/yellow or plain black then it's more than likely to be a metallic