Sign in to follow this  
NgohOiNei

Caliper Help...anybody?

I was in the process of bleeding the brakes....

The bleeder valve on the caliper was rusted to it.

In the process of trying to open the bleeder valve the valve broke off with the screw still inside..

We tried using a screw extractor to get the broken part off and at this point I'm pretty desperate. The screw extractor broke inside of that as well.

I have the option of calling a machine shop in the morning and arranging to have them take out the broken parts with the possibility that the caliper will not function correctly afterwards...

My car is being kept temporarily in a friends garage until Tuesday night...When I have to move to my new apartment with street parking only...

If anyone has an "extra" G60 Corrado sized caliper...stock or aftermarket...I will offer some cash in exchange, or dinner or an extra set of hands wrenching around on your car...whatever you'd like..

I'm really in a crunch for time...I will search around some local euro places and see what they have in stock....any response is welcome...

(Local to me being the San Francisco Bay Area)

email- sidnancy77@hotmail

aim- oi police

yahoo- gangstaboogiemafaan

Thank you,

Sarah

I'd suggest you forget about repairing the old calliper & get some Golf Mk IV ones (even second hand). They will fit directly onto the C (with flexable hoses)... then you'll have proper brakes & no more seizeure worries.

I'm not sure if Sarah is talking about the infamous VW REAR calipers, actually. I think maybe she meant the fronts? ("G60 extra sized"?)