Sign in to follow this  
OSV

MK1 Scirrocco - Looking Good

This Scirocco belongs to a friend of mine Dave Freeman. I wanted the car my self having introduced myself to the then mythical one lady owner former keeper. I wasn't in a position to take on the 38k mile motor still running on its original Michelin tyres, luckily Daves first car was identical and he gladly took it on. Starting to look real good and will no doubt get better and better. 8)

chester33.jpg

chester34.jpg

chester35.jpg

Beautiful car! BUT for the first time ever I'd say the RS's don't suit it, especially since these are deeper dished. The wing and arch on the 'rocco is tool tall and shallow and the RS just look too fat IMO. Something like the BBS RA (Mk2 16V) crossspoke may look better, or Pirelli's?

nice retro motor 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

yeah, very retro, looks brilliant imo 8)

love them wheels on it :)

The wheels are factory BBS RS 070 7x15 ET16. They have a beautifully shaped dish and when you see the car in the metal you can't help but think they compliment the car perfectly.

The wheels are factory BBS RS 070 7x15 ET16. They have a beautifully shaped dish and when you see the car in the metal you can't help but think they compliment the car perfectly.

i see where asim is coming from as if you look at the front views the wheels look out of place.....however if you look at the rear views they look to compliment it perfectly :?

WOW that is beautiful!

I really like that a lot, fantastic :) I have to agree with useing possibly slightly smaller wheels though but its great

With any luck car should be at Edition 38 on the Sunday, and VW Action on Saturday. It is a work in progress so its not up to the owners desired standard as yet but you really don't see these cars very often anymore.