Sign in to follow this  
PeterMunns

Engine gone so brought a passat

Hi guys

Posted this a while ago saying was going to get a 9a. Well after a very eventfull weekend (engine bad noise then sedged or how ever you spell that word means engine wont got round for love nor money) So shopped around lost the first engine i wanted due to a holiday but ended up buying a passat cost me £550 with a 9a engine with wait for it....70k on the clock !! Ohh yeah and all mots. And gives me a car till i decide to grab the engine out of it.

So got a couple of Q's

1: Is the gearbox in the Passate GT 16v 2L the same as the corrado 16v 1.8.................???

2: Will be getting a new clutch....but should i bother with a lighten fly wheel.............???

3: Once its in do i have to sod around with petrol mixtures and stuff.............???

4: Will it be aright to put my 1.8 cams in the 2L head seeing as my 1.8 had done 134K nearly double the 2L.........???

And any other things i have over looked or should replace to save me taking out the engine at a later date

dr_mat,

I thought that but the bloke said it was a good price and i should jump for it ....... :lol: come to think of it he was laughing a lot when i drove away :?:

Will be selling mine for £134K if your interested

Ahem, "k" as in short for kilo, as in £70,000 ... Sorry, I'm being pedantic unnecessarily. I'll shut up and let people answer your questions... ;)

My Corrado has a 9A from factory.

I would put a lightened flywheel on, recently fitted one to mine, it livens it up a bit in 1st and 2nd gear with no side effects. Mine was £80 exchange from Race Power Motorsport in Dartford.

I fitted the inlet cam from a KR 1800 and had no problems, worth doing. You only need change the inlet cam as the exhaust ones are the same.

Phil,

Cheers Dude that sound good my dad lives in gravesend so dartford very near. Cheaper than TSR as well.

Where are you based any where near dartford...??

yup, another vote for RPM here too... and I live 250+ miles from them! :lol: 8) They did my flywheel as well as a load of other bits which I got done via JMRacing (16VG60) as he has a very good relationship with them... 8)

So is it really as simple as people say.....?? I am putting it in on wednesday as i am on holiday at the mo engine is slowly being disconected. just trying to get hold of the engine mounts and gasgets.

So do i need anything else...........??

Once its in do i have to sod around with petrol mixtures and stuff............................................................................. :?: