Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Dead VR, fuel pump Problem, please read.

They should look exactly the same ... any differences in weight should be minimal!

Where did you get the new pump from?

Euro Car Parts. Ive checked the part number and it is definately the one they list for the vr6. It does look like it will fit but requires a new gauge sender, its possible its an updated part and being 8 years newer technology means it can be made lighter. But I dont want to fit it and find out its not flowing enough then not be able to get a refund. :mad:

I should have just went to VW and paid the extra tenner. :roll:

The part number of the new pump is 1H091965 1P, if anyone has ETKA would it be possible to cross ref it for me?

I've got a GSF pump in mine, looked the same as the old one. Worked fine for 4 months, then started to make a high pitched noise... :(

I wish I'd paid the extra tenner and bought one from VW too!!!

Heres the pic, old on the left, new on the right. Sender in the middle.

I had the same problem. Had to return it and buy from the dealers. You will need a new fuel level sender too @ £60ish.

Doesn't look right to me.

(Thinking back I don't think I saw the GSF one they put in, but I saw another one they had delivered and it looked more like the one on the left...)

Yeah, the sender unit should be ok for fitting onto the new pump from the dealer. The GSF pump comes with a new gauge sender unit too.

ill take it back tommorow, annoying thing is VW is closer to me than ECP. With all this running back and forward the tenner im not even saving anymore will end up costing me money. Only went there in the first place as they had it in stock. :mad:

Will hopefully be able to get the pump ordered tommorow, pick it up thursday, fit it thursday night after work and provided no probs I will make the Knockhill night im supposed to be going to on Friday.

pull the pump elec connector off,put 12v to the pump when trying to start with the key(the thicker 2 wires)

see if she fires up,i have a pump if needed £25 inc p+p

Pumps definately gubbed. Ive tested all the connections on the plug after finding out what they were for and everythings as it should.

How old is the pump you have? Id rather get a new one as I mentioned earlier but thats cheap enough it could be worth a go. I'll see how long it will take VW to get one in and get back to you on it. Are you running a standard fuel pump on your charged vr or uprated? I was thinking of looking into an uprated one as im hoping to go supercharged in the future, if this is worth doing your pump would be a definate option just now as its cheap enough that I wouldnt mind replacing it again.

The part number of the new pump is 1H0 919 651 P, if anyone has ETKA would it be possible to cross ref it for me?

Found it, 1P is a 3 Bar fuel pump for engine codes 2E and ADY.

The ABV engine uses 1H0 919 651 Q which is a 4 Bar pump.