Sign in to follow this  
Eug

Elephant's having a rubber ducking giraffe !

you didn't speak to a bloke called "dave" at HIC did you redlee? Similar thing happened with me... Quoted £700ish renewal came in at £1200... :| :mad: The guy I spoke to (on about the 4th phone call) told me that "they are no longer honoring quotes given by that ex-employee...."

its a bit late now you've got it all sorted but....

I wrote off my last car, an 11 month old astra SXI which I paid roughly 11k for. They decided it was a total loss and offered me 7k. £7000!!! I know new cars depreciate quickly but come on! there was NO way i could buy another one the same condition for that price, and I proved it by faxing them 8 pages of results from autotrader and vauxhall's network Q website with every relivant example highlighted. I got a call back that afternoon offering me just under 9k, which again I insisted wasnt enough. Eventually I got the guy on the phone to admit that £9500 was the absolute limit to what they could pay out before it was worth repairing the car rather than writing it off, and we settled on a sum just less than that. IIRC his words were 'If we offer you £9300 will that be the end of it?' :) I'd been on the phone to him 4 times that day asking if he'd looked at the fax and trying to argue the toss over the payout so i think he was a little sick of me! I think thats the way you have to play it with insurers, hasstle the f**k out of them until you get what you want and never ever accept the offer until they either shout at you for irritating them or you get to a price you're happy with!

oh and redlee - try 'greenlight' insurance (google for them, i cant find the number!) they came out a full £300 less than anyone else on my quote!

how much did they actually pay out then EUG??

Kev...ha..you want yours under £500....id be happy if mine was under £1000 :roll:

The benefit of being an old man :wink:

not as old as me tho :oops: :roll: :-P ...........my insurance last year was £600-ish..........this year i'm only £430 and thats with the Schrick declared too :twisted:

Has anyone tried Brentacre insurance I've got the G60 insured with them now with all mods declared and even the x flow declared when it's finally finished and I can modify it further still anything upto 280bhp and all I have to do is let them know and it's still covered with no extra charge all in it's cost me £880 with 2 yrs no claims alot better than HIC's £1600 with the normal engine and £2100 with x flow LOL. The stupid thing is both brokers are underwritten by Highway policies makes that really annoys me how one insurer can be double of the other and still use the same underwritters!!!! Still I'm a happy boy for this year anyways 8)

Adrian Flux advise my renewal in October will be around £550, which is the same as last years :x

Still, that renewal quote did include all the recent mods and was subject to an extra year's bonus.

I would like to get my ins under £500 for a change, so I'll shop around too.

The good thing about Adrian Flux is that they always guarantee to beat a cheaper quote, so you know that you'll always end up with the cheapest quote without having the hassle of changing insurance companies. I always use Bell Direct for the 'competitive quote' (not only are they cheap but they also do on-line quotes for modified cars). I got my premium down from £680 to £420 recently without even having to phone around. :)

you didn't speak to a bloke called "dave" at HIC did you redlee? Similar thing happened with me... Quoted £700ish renewal came in at £1200...

Can't be certain who i spoke to but Dave rings a bell, to be fair though he did give the standard line of "things could change from now until renewal" the quote for £3,200 is underwritten by Highway who are normally very good, but according to HIC they have now got to quote screen rate for certain areas (they did call me back re the rnwl-took them 24 hours though :mad: ) they were also supposed to be phoning me back today to see if they could compete with the other quotes i've had, i'm not gonna miss their quality customer service :lol:

Apologies for the thread hijack, will have it sorted by later this week (off to Majorca on Friday :D 8) ) and post on here in case its any help for the extra bhp/engine swap people.