Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Weird Corrado related conversations...

Past two days I have been talked to about Corrado's.. hasn't happened in a while so I thought I would share.

Firstly, one of the directors of the academy I work in (60 years old, near to retirement, drives a nice Audi A6) calls me into his office to fix a PC related problem and says "You know I was just admiring your car outside.. my neighbour owns one of those as well!" - he goes on to explain that this guy has apparently had for ages as a second car, and despite it having astronomical mileage (well over 200k) he still loves it and brings it out for a wash and polish when the weather is good - but that he is now thinking about selling it. So I said that if he does put it up for sale, he is to let me know so I can crack it on the forum on his behalf :)

Secondly I go over to another part of the campus to meet up with my mother, so I can get access to one of the residences to get a network port up and running - on the way back she stops to talk with two of the removal guys she works with and I set off on my way. I get a call from her when I get back saying "One of the removal fellows was just telling me that his dad used to have a Corrado some years back which was stolen from off their drive way... he's always loved the cars and has been admiring your car for months as he sees it every day on his way to work. When he saw it parked up outside my office he was really surprised!"

Pointless I guess but I thought i'd share on a quiet Friday afternoon! :)

Suppose Corrado compliments are like buses.

You get none for ages, then 2 come along at once.

Last time (afaik) anyone even noticed my car was when I turned up to my golf society meet in it, and had 4 blokes circling round it looking at each other and nodding! :lol:

Those infrequent moments Make it worthwhile don't they?

:wink:

Aye - the compliments do sometimes take ages to come along.

My first Corrado, I had loads of people ask me about it in the first few weeks I owned it and that was that for a year.

And then this one, only my car enthusiast neighbour has said anything to me about it! Until now. Yay :)

Was pulling up outside on off licence 2 weeks ago when i saw some guy on a mobile phone staring at my car. He ends his phone call and comes running over, i start thinking "i dont remember cutting you up". any way he shouts at me"ITS A STORM!!!!!!!" to which i say "Feckin hell nobody knows that from looking at the front of the car" turns out this guy had his name down for one from VW in 1995 then along came his baby so his plans changed! He was all over the car and spurting RADO facts at me, i was in a rush and went to get some drink for the bbq i was going to, when i come out he had draged his MRS out of the house to show her the car! Yes Corrado you have just cost me £850 but i still love you!

There aint no doubt about it.. the Corrado is one of VW's finest! Its amazing the kinds of reactions it can get out of people.

When myself and Tempest were driving to a meet the other week, the guy at the VW dealer stood and started out of the window as two clean Corrado's went sailing past. I looked in my rear view and watched him STIlLL staring as we went off round the roundabout :)