Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

slightly rapid corrado

went to stratford on avon dragstip today and saw the corrado dragster running all i can say is WOW!!!! :shock:

it was one of the fastest door slammers there and was running 1/4 miles in 8.5 seconds :shock:

i was supprised that most of the body is actually original including the bumpers 8)

i got talking to one of the women from the team and she said they will be doing passenger runs in it at one of the up-coming shows 8)

Excellent.

I see "Quantum Leap" is written on the side of it.

Is that coz it warps time it moves so fast? :lol:

Excellent.

I see "Quantum Leap" is written on the side of it.

Is that coz it warps time it moves so fast? :lol:

:lol: yeah you actually come off it looking much older than when you went on!

that was the first time i have been to a drag race and it was quite an experience watching supercharged bikes with well over 1000bhp and 1950's/1960's cars doing 200mph tearing down the strip :shock:

and there is definately something about the smell of burning rubber and methanol :lol:

my mate got some great rolling burnout shots with his camera, they had to open the doors on the corrado to let the tyresmoke clear

:lol:

well worth it if you get the chance to see it 8)

Hi,

Glad you like the car, although we are not running quite as quick as that (9.2 secs is out best) however not only did we win the VW Alt/Eng class on the day but also the 2004 championship too. We also did a rare double by winning the Super Gas (9.90) class as well.

Made up for what was a tough weekend as my opponent in round one crashed at over 130mph :shock: He was OK, but the car was a total write off.

Spencer

oh i only got that time from some photos my mate had taken of the time display board which he said where for your car but he must have got them mixed up with one of the bikes runs. :oops:

all i know is it was f***ing quick and really f***ing loud 8) car

how many mile per gallon does it do??or would meters per gallon be more applicable :lol:

WOW :shock:

love that C 8)

congrats on all your success's mate :)

how many mile per gallon does it do??or would meters per gallon be more applicable :lol:

Well it uses about a gallon to one and a half gallons on a warm up, run and drive back to the pits which is about a mile or so.

Spencer :)