Sign in to follow this  
neo

16V exhaust cam mod and wur mod?????

Hi

I keep hearing about this exhaust cam mod on the 1800 16v engine, is it just a case of getting a exhaust cam and fitting it to the inlet side??

Also have any of you heard of the wur mod??? How's this work? and can it be a diy mod ???

if any one can tell me it sounds like you guy's

You can't just dropthe cam in. But there is a fella around here who modifies them I believe. Buy a secondhand one and have it sorted then fit it, then sell your spare inlet cam to someone with a 2 litre 16V. :mrgreen:

The Warm Up Regulator mod involves altering the fuelling. There is power to be had, probably not much, by getting the fuelling spot on. Any mass produced engine, fuelling and ignition system is never going to run as well as one that has had time and money spent perfecting it.

Don't be under any illusion you are creating a VR beater! :roll: At best you may get 145-150 tops.

The cam needs cutting down to the same length as inlet cam then it needs a chainwheel that has been machined to adjust the timing by 6degrees.I can get these chainwheels on an exchange bases for £40 delivered.

Stealth do the WUR mod which is basically adusting the fuel pressure which goes thro the Warm up regulator. the fuel travels from meterhead thro wur and back again and the longer it takes to get back,the higher the flap travels in meterhead,allowing more fuel.So if you lower the pressure thro the wur it takes longer to get back,increasing the fuel across the whole rev range!

Stealth can get a maximum of 155bhp from a standard 1.8 16v for about £50

Where can I send the cam to get sorted, I have a spair cam for the car.

I think I will get the wur mod done it sounds a bargin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Put it on an optimistic rolling road :wink:

Seriously though, some valvers are better than others. I've had loads of MK2 16Vs and the quickest one was a bog standard F reg, giving 151bhp. Another of my valvers had the WUR mod, K star, exhaust cam, supersprint exhaust, filter etc and only gave 148, but that one only had 44K on the clock. The standard one had 115k on it

Valvers don't really come alive until at least 70K.

K

Nice one Kev!

I know people want to put up BHP figures at max..when they aren't accurate.

Dialling in allowances for drivetrain is false.

To get some proper BHP increases why don't the figures reflect BHP at wheels before and after the mod?

Kent GF1602R cams - less than £200 for the set when I got mine a couple of years ago.

The 154bhp (@6300rpm) figure was at Stealth.

Torque was 129lbft@5800rpm.

any one know where I can send my cam to get machined? and can the wur mod be adjusted at home?