Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

Water Leak from side of block

Hi folks,

My G60 has sprung a water leak from the plastic connector on the side of the block. It's the one that goes off to the heater matrix.

Using this page its item 3

http://www.elcats.ru/audivw/vag5.asp?su ... -00&cid=76.

Which is the correct one for the G60 engine (Cannot remember what the engine code is)?

Where is the best place to get a new one from? Is it VAG only?

Already changed the o ring seal this afternoon and its still bloody leaking

Yeah get it from VAG and replace the O ring.

The key to these outlets sealing properly is a clinically clean and flat mating surface on the head and the outlet literally just needs nipping up to compress the O ring and that's it. Over-tightening them is usually why they leak and the plastic can't handle the pressure for long and crack.

Cheers for that guys.

I suppose I better get my whole months wages to pay for it. Might as well get the Lupo wipers at the same time.

Its actually not that pricey - I did both front and side flanges, all O-rings, clips and blue + black temp senders for about £40 I think...

Its actually not that pricey - I did both front and side flanges, all O-rings, clips and blue + black temp senders for about £40 I think...

Ain't saying how much I paid for mine :wink:

Tattie - the one on the side of the head is a real barsteward to fit - the solid water pipes pin it to the engine. Be sure to clean up the surface of the head before fitting the new one. We sell all the bits that you need to do both of the housings & genuine VW G12+ coolant too.

Yup, the flange on the side of the engine block is a bit tricky to do yourself, just done the one on my Mk2 Storm (same part number as the one used on the PG Block, now plastc, was metal), paid about ohhh, was it less than 2 quid or so from my local VW stealers.

Tempest

yeah I had to replace all of mne when I had that problem it created a nice pocket in the cooling system, VW dealer/stealers have them, the run about 8 US dollars with the O-ring.they made a metal one? never knew that, anyone know where I can get one?