Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

road tax renewal question

My road tax expires today, and all the postoffices are shut :? I know they changed the rules recently, but do i still get a couple of weeks 'grace' to renew or has that gone now? I cant even ring the DVLA cos' their offices are closed! I also thought they were supposed to sed you a renewal letter, i've not had one!

Surely it expires tomorrow anyhow?

"30 days have September, April, June, and November...."

ah, yeah, its got the 30th on it so you're right its still valid today and expires tomorrow :roll: panic over! cheers :wink:

ah, yeah, its got the 30th on it so you're right its still valid today and expires tomorrow panic over! cheers

LOL, no mate its the 30th today, it must have 31 on it unless it ran out in June :wink:

Well I had to get my brothers last month and due to other factors I didnt manage to get it until the 6th or 7th. Nobody said a thing.

Well I had to get my brothers last month and due to other factors I didnt manage to get it until the 6th or 7th. Nobody said a thing.

Somebody will have been sent an automatic fine though :roll:

The fine will have been sent to the last known owner/address on the registration document, unless the "SORN" was sent in to the DVLA.

ah, yeah, its got the 30th on it so you're right its still valid today and expires tomorrow panic over! cheers

LOL, no mate its the 30th today, it must have 31 on it unless it ran out in June :wink:

or 30th September (like mine :( )

LOL, no mate its the 30th today, it must have 31 on it unless it ran out in June

oh FFS! 30/9/04!! its next month! :mad: that'll teach me not to check my tax disc with a hangover

Like I said... ;)

"30 days have September, April, June, and November...."

LOL, no mate its the 30th today, it must have 31 on it unless it ran out in June

oh FFS! 30/9/04!! its next month! :mad: that'll teach me not to check my tax disc with a hangover

:lol: Well panic over at least :lol:

Joining the long queues in the Post Office tomorrow then I take it! I always plan to get a disc in advance, but never do and always end up with the umpteen other people queing who wait til the last minute! As mentioned above though, no grace period, friend of mine got spotted and fined and he was only a few days over!

Remember that you now need to show a current certificate of insurance to the old biddy at the post office when applying for new road tax!

I didn't & had to drive the 8mile round trip again to get it!

Doh. :oops:

Remember that you now need to show a current certificate of insurance to the old biddy at the post office when applying for new road tax!

I didn't & had to drive the 8mile round trip again to get it!

Doh. :oops:

As well as the reminder note and probably ID. If you don't have the reminder note you need to take your V5 and fill out a big-ass form :roll:

Yep, the way it's going youl'l have to give a blood and urine sample and sing the National anthem in the middle of the Post Office to get ripped off, ...I mean car taxed.

Yep, the way it's going youl'l have to give a blood and urine sample and sing the National anthem in the middle of the Post Office to get ripped off, ...I mean car taxed.

Oh and also, what with the pre-historic nature of the Post Office, I don't think they take credit cards either :roll: mine certainly doesn't for postage stuff, it might do for road tax and the like tho...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: