Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

VW Corrado Club of Great Britain.

There WILL be a Southern National Day this year, 26th September 2004. I've just had the flyer through from James and will post into onto http://www.corradoclub.co.uk this evening.

sneak preview - Longleat, the same day as a hill climb!

Cunning, sounds like a plan :D

Nice Avatar pic too... you really need to get some Lupo wipers on there tho ;)

There is a Sprinter due imminently. Not only has Jeremy had to move house this summer, but articles for the current edition have been hard to come by. I myself will own up and say I promised him a couple of pieces before the deadline which I didn't get done as I promised him (don't worry, he' smacked me hard and I've promised to do better for the next one). It's an unfortunate fact of life that regardless of your work and holiday commitments, the deadlines for things like this (and the Southern Mega-Meet) don't move to accomodate your circumstances.

Putting the mag together is a challenging job, moreso if you are running your own business, raising a family and there is a shortage of material from the members. I will take my deserved beating over the delay I caused to Jeremy, but at the same time I'd reiterate that the Sprinter does not write itself, so if you would like to write an article for the mag, just write it up and send it to Jeremy. Believe me the satisfaction of seeing your stuff in print (compared with on a forum) is very rewarding.

Cheers,

John

Some fair points John.

I've always tried to avoid criticising the club because of how welcoming everyone was when I first started, and how good all the club organised events have been. I know Jeremy has been exceptionally busy and I think thats why there hasn't exactly been a lot of grumbling about the lack of Sprinters!

And as you say, we are members are as much to blame for a total lack of articles - I really must try and put pen to paper at some point and try and do my 'bit' - problem is, there have been a number of events that I have attended lately (like the Brunters thrash, and a rolling road day) but as they were organised by DubForce and The Corrado Forum its a little difficult to know where you stand writing material from events organised by something totally unrelated to the CCGB - I feel that some of the longer standing members might grumble a bit about that.

i joined in 2002 but i`m afrid the forum has overtaken the CCGB in my life(sad i know)but it is nice to have sprinter that fits in your documents folder...may join again in jan!

Just got around to renewing my membership (a few months late :oops: ). Gotta say it is well worth it- as other people have said the events are brilliant (especially Woburn) and I've saved loads of money over the past couple of years as my stealer gives 10-15% membership discount :D

Phew... it sure is darrrn sarrf isn't it.

Might look into making the trek for this though - we'll see :)

well i've got my cheque sorted and i'll post it in the morning 8) had an email off vicki and its £8 for membership until march

why do they ask for the chassis # and engine# ? do they keep track of all living rado's ?

why do they ask for the chassis # and engine# ?

Good point :?:

I'm going to get my membership sorted too... £8 sounds like a bargain.

They probably use the information as a bit of a detailed register for all the Corrado's on their record! I would imagine that a lot of enthusiast car clubs would do something similar?

I should reall update my membership, because I didn't actually have a C when I joined... meh it can wait til next year :)