Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Standard wheel size

Hi all,

Anyone know the diameter of the standard VW steering wheel (VR)? I'm getting either a Momo Race or a Jet from Halfords tonight if they're still on sale (£97!) but don't want to get one that's too small. I suspect they'll only have the 350mm one in, but does anyone have the 320mm? Just wondering how much smaller it is compared to standard.

Cheers

Cheers mate.

365mm, so 350 would be spot on then. I think a 4.5cm reduction in diameter might have clock visibility implications and my steering isn't the lightest, so 350 it is.... :lol:

Thanks again

K

I suspect they'll only have the 350mm one in, but does anyone have the 320mm? Just wondering how much smaller it is compared to standard.

Cheers

I'm guessing 30mm. :lol:

Best wheel I have ever had is the one from my old G60. The three prong leather one. Its been on all my cars since.

Its 360mm by the way and it cuts of the temp warning light.

Dial/LED blocking by the steering wheel obviously also depends a) how tall you are, b) where you put your seat, c) where you set your steering column .. Too many variables to say for sure XYZ wheel does/doesn't block anything.

320mm is the way to go IMO feels great to drive and looks the boll@cks you may find that the top of the dials are obscured but deal with it or move your wheel up a touch

i`ll find a pick and put it on in a bit

Very nice mate 8) I've ordered the 350 now (momo Race), so too late! I paid £97 in the Halfords sale, which is better than the normal price of £150 odd. They've ordered a boss in which will be about £35.

I also got a Silver/leather Momo knob to compliment the wheel and silver Pioneer stereo. I'm liking the knob, has a bit of weight in it for a smoother shift, well, it seems that way at least!

why has sonia had more views than my other posts???

cos she`s not that good looking!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can post more if you want????? :lol: :lol:

yeah go for it im bored of looking at cars for one day... :lol: :lol: