Sign in to follow this  
chance

my custom front bumper + eye brow

Sorry, don't like it, but that's from a U.K. perspective so don't be too hurt! I think we generally regard the Corrado as near perfect as she was made over here.

not my cup of tea and I personally can't see why anyone would want Golf indicators when the C fog/indicator combo suits the front SOOOOOO much more - good effort though :wink:

Wow - tough crowd.

Not my cup of tea I am afraid, but nice to see people trying something different. Its what keeps the scene varied! :)

As has been said, the majority of us lot rather like the Corrado how it was when it rolled off the production line (give or take a few subtle changes) - big modifications rarely go down too well! :(

full credit for trying something different. Doesnt have to be popular, as long as you like it!

What about the eyebrow spoiler tho, which one is that, as I would consider that on mine?

the explanation follows:

eyebrow spoiler and bumper are all handmade from scratch, and the reason why i did this and why i selected golf 2 blinkers was theft ... simply, in past two months someone stole my blinkers and fog lights (original) 2 times, and considering the place where i live it is really, but really hard to find any corrado parts (i had to wait over a month for blinkers), and since i don't want to drive bad looking car i decided to do this....

i considered placing blinkers and fog lights from golf 3, but than i saw somewhere on the internet similar bumper with golf 2 blinkers and i liked it.

So i did this mostly out of need, and i tried to get the best look.

Anyway i still have the standard one (without blinkers :p ).

:wink:

It looks like a rear bumper of another Car, but i cant put my fingure on it. not to my taste sorry dude

I like it mate :thumb right:

Kinda resembles the german rs style front bumper !

I think we all need to do our individual touches , imagine it if we didn't..........attack of the clones ! :lol:

Keep up the good work :thumbleft:

again not to my taste either but its nice to see paople trying differnt thing ,sometimes you dont know what the outcome is until its done and to say its hand made by himself he gets extra points from me i like people that arent afraid to have ago themselfs well done mate 8)

for me its just a bit too....... red!

I reckon it just needs some subtle changes..... blacken the mesh & get the plate back on.... and it'll look pretty cool.

I always thought the underside of the OEM bumber looked a little bare to be honest.

PS apologies for the poor photoshopping!

what 20v turbo said is true... i was unsure of result, but i am happy with it, it was better than i expected (after initial problems, creating bumper to fits fine, is it too low, what blinkers to use....)

i considered blackening the mesh, or changing grill to something else that suits the mesh... still an option

will return plate on, just i want to make small one (italian style)

at the time considered also doing other stuff like side skirt, rear diffusor (if my english is correct), and mirrors....but nothing out of it, i don't want to go to much into it.... cuz i am planning to sell it next year...

dunno

anyway thanks for sharing your opinions :mrgreen:

I think it looks brilliant! you should pat yourself on the back! but then look at my bumper in my sig,not sure if it goes down well with "the crowd" but im happy with it

I like the smoothed front look that g60dan and flusted have, but they've been done with (i assume) OE bumpers so they still look right. In your case chance, a custom made bumper on an otherwise pretty standard car looks a bit odd. I recon with some rounded side-skirts to match the rounded bottom edge of your bumper, a big fat rear valance and some lowering at the back end (is it just me or does the front look dropped and the back standard :?:) you could pull it off. Still wouldnt be my cup of tea, but it wouldnt look half finished which IMO it does right now.