Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

Is this true?

I have just been warned off replacing the front discs and pads by the VW stealer service department.

They said that the ABS sensor will need to be disconnected and this warrants a full reset and "check" - something that I cannot do

Is this true or am I being fed a load of baloney?

Don't take my word for it, as have no experience of ABS on the C, but sounds like it will probably be the usual Stealer crap to me!

b*ll sh1t :lol: :lol:

afaik there is no pad or disk thickness sensors so what difference would it make to the abs computer having new disks or pads :roll:

Rubbish. Its just an eletrical connector, just try not to get all that solidified break pad dust gunk in it when you disconnect it, even if you do a quick blow with some compressed air or eletrical contact cleaner will solve the problem. Anybody can do it for a lot less thant £70ph or whatever the stealer charges in labour.

What is it with Stealer Service Depts. these days. Talk about insulting the intelligence or preying on the lack of knowledge of your customers. Dont' know how they sleep at night. Arse!

You won't even get a fault that needs clearing because the engine won't be started so the car will never know its been unplugged... thats if you have to unplug it?

You won't even get a fault that needs clearing because the engine won't be started so the car will never know its been unplugged... thats if you have to unplug it?

I don't think you have to unplug it, but it makes it a lot easier if you do. I unplugged it when doing mine and it was absolutely fine.